Chapter 25

The cloudy look inside the divination room was beginning to lull Addi to sleep, she was sat next to Hermione and leaning her head on Harry's shoulder while professor Trelawney drawled on in her misty tone. "Broaden your minds. You must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner eye. Only then can you see. Try again," She said to one of the Ravenclaws at the table over. She then approached their table and Addi's head shot off Harry's shoulder as he flicked her forehead in warning. "Now what do we have here?"

Hermione gave a fake smile and placed her hands in her lap, "Do you mind me trying?" Professor Trelawney motioned for her to do so and Hermione spoke again without even looking at the crystal ball. "The Grim. Possibly."

Addi sucked in her cheeks to keep from laughing as a disgruntled look crossed Trelawney's face and she grabbed Hermione's hand. "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination," She flipped her hand over and observed her palm, pointing out one line in particular. "No, you see, there. You may be young in years, but your heart is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave," Trelawney gave Hermione's hand a gentle pat.  An outraged huff escaped the brunette girl and she snatched her hand away from Trelawney and shrugged her bag over her shoulder leaving the classroom, but not without knocking the crystal ball off the table. Trelawney frowned, "Was it something I said."

Addi's eyebrows were glued to her forehead as she continued to look at where Hermione had left. Then a thought entered her mind, "Dean!" She shouted at him from the other side of the classroom. 

"What?" He yelled back. 

"I told you!" She pointed to where Hermione had just stomped off and grinned. 

Dean flipped her off. 

~~~

The rest of class flew by and before Addi knew, she was leaving the classroom walking between Ron and Harry. Ron was still shocked at Hermione's outburst, as was Addi, but she was more proud now than anything. The redhead boy scoffed, "She's gone mental, Hermione has. Not that she wasn't always mental, but now its in the open for everyone to see-"

Harry kicked the crystal ball that had rolled out of the classroom after a fuming Hermione and stopped walking, the other two following his lead, "Hang on." He bent over and picked up the ball, looking at his friends, "We better take this back."

"I'm not going back!" 

Ron and Addi gave each other and odd glance as they spoke in unison.

"Fine," Harry huffed. "See you later."

"See you," Ron replied, tugging Addi down the corridor as she shouted a quick goodbye. 

~~~

After dinner that day, the group had decided to go visit Hagrid before the execution. Addi still couldn't believe that he was going to die. She thought that maybe if she and Harry hadn't been the ones to ride Buckbeak that this wouldn't have happened. Yet, here they were. They walked through the courtyard once again, passing a man with a black mask and a large axe that he was sharpening. Addi made sure to give him a harsh glare as they walked by.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak," Addi muttered as they walked into the covered pathway. Ron wrapped an arm around her for a quick side hug and then stepped away to allow her to walk next to Hermione in front of them. 

"It's just too horrible," Hermione agreed as they neared the end of the path where they would be outside again- right up the hill from where Hagrid's hut was.