Chapter 31

After tracking down Buckbeak, Addi, Harry, and Hermione hopped onto his back and soared off to grab Sirius before the dementors found him. Addi sat in front, steering the hippogriff as Harry held her waist and Hermione gripped his. 

"You were right, Hermione!" Harry shouted over the wind. "It wasn't my dad i saw earlier. It was me! I saw myself conjuring the patronus before. I knew I could do it this time because...because-well, I'd already done it! Does that make sense?"

"No." Hermione yelled back.

"That's not how time travel works," Addi said over her shoulder before realizing she probably shouldn't say things like that as to avoid questions. Thankfully, it seemed as if Harry was too caught up in his own joy to hear what she said. 

"But I don't like fly-" Hermione cut herself off with a piercing scream as Addi directed Buckbeak down in a dive toward the Astronomy tower. 

Landing, they slipped off the hippogriff, rushing over to the makeshift cell holding Sirius. The man was hunched in the far corner, cowering. Grunting, Addi sent a spell toward the door, blowing it open. Sirius' head shot up in fright, but lit up with a grin at the sight of the three. Ushering him over to Buckbeak, Harry and Hermione climbed on with him as Addi stood below.

"Go to the courtyard. I will meet you there," she told them.

"How?" Harry asked her in concern.

"I have my ways," She smirked, patting Buckbeak on the rear causing him to take off before any of them could utter another word. Going over to the edge of the tower, Addi glanced over the edge with a gulp. "Oh, I'm so gonna regret this," she muttered to herself. 

Resting  a hand on the wall, she picked up her feet and threw herself over the side. The air whistled around her as she plummeted toward the ground. Her wand was clutched in her right palm as she tried her best not to flail about. Nearing the ground, Addi whispered the spell that would save her.

"Arresto Momentum."

The blond halted about a foot above the ground thanks to the spell, until it wore off and she hit the dirt with her chest, sucking the air from her lungs. Rolling onto her back, Addi winced.

"Well it worked, but now I'm in pain."

~~~

"I'll be forever grateful for this, to all three of you."

After her fall, Addi jogged to the courtyard, arriving a few moments after the others had landed. She was holding onto Harry and playing with his fingers as they gazed up at the man.

"I want to go with you," Harry told his godfather, eyes shining with sadness. Addi squeezed the hand she was holding. 

Yet, Sirius only grinned, "One day, perhaps. For some time, my life will be too unpredictable. And besides, you're meant to be here."

"But you're innocent," Harry spluttered, his grip on Addi tightening. She frowned, rubbing his shoulder before making her way over to Hermione to keep watch. That conversation didn't involve her. 

After a few minutes the pair approached, both downcast. Addi took her place at Harry's side once again and wrapped an arm around his. He leaned his head on her shoulder and gave her what was supposed to be a smile, but only manifested as a grimace. Sirius hopped onto Buckbeak as he winked at Hermione.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age." His head swiveled over to gaze at Addi, "Along with Addison here." His sincere eyes bore into her own, "I owe you my life Addison Tyler. I'm sure I will see you all soon." He finished, addressing them all. 

The three best friends watched as the prisoner of Azkaban flew away on the back of Buckbeak the hippogriff- both having been saved.