Chapter 5

Hagrid had left the hospital wing after informing Madam Pomfrey of what had happened. Draco had stayed with her, still feeling extremely guilty for her injuries. She was conscious at the moment, which was a good sign.

"Why did you jump in front of me?" He questioned, glancing at the large scratches before looking away with a grimace.

"You may be the meanest person I know, but I know it's and act. You'd probably be a great person in a different situation," Addi winced as Madam Pomfrey began to clean her wounds. Draco reached out to grab her uninjured hand. She would squeeze it when something hurt, and he just sat there watching her with a pained expression.

"That's it, dear, just try not to do anything to excessive, and come back after dinner to get it redressed," then Madam Pomfrey walked away from the pair.

Addi stood up, but Draco stayed seated, his hand still clasped in her's. To Addi, he looked small and innocent. The blonde girl sighed and sat down next to him.

"Did you mean it?" Draco whispered while playing with her fingers.

"Yeah, I did," She took her hand away from his and put it on his back before standing and walking toward the door. She stopped next to the open door, "By the way, I like your hair this year," then walked out of the hospital wing, leaving Draco with a smile on his face.

~~~

Returning to the common room was a process. On the way back, multiple people had come up to Addi and asked her what happened. It seemed the whole school already knew about her injury, and it had only happened an hour earlier. 

At one point a very kind Hufflepuff carried her away from a crowd of people who were being very obnoxious. In fact, he carried her all the way to the Gryfindor  common room.

"Thank you, Cedric!" Addi grinned when the older boy put her down. He gave a her a dazzling smile in return. 

"Course! Couldn't have you back in the hospital wing so soon now, could we?" He teased. Addi pouted, a pink blush present on her cheeks. Cedric laughed, poking her cheek before bidding her farewell.

Addi waved goodbye before turning to the Fat Lady.

"Password?" 

"Acid pops," the portrait swung open with a roll of her eyes. Addi frowned at her rude gesture, stalking into the warm common room. All eyes turned to her.

Addi looked at everyone with wide eyes. All at once, everyone jumped up and barreled toward her. A body smacked into her own causing a wave of pain to surge through her. There were at least thirty pairs of arms circling around her small body.

"Ow! Ow,ow,ow,ow,ow," all her sounds of pain were muffled by the chest her face was pressed against.

Finally, everyone pulled away and stepped back, except for the person who first got to her.

"Freddie, let go of the poor girl. She just got attacked by a hippogriff," George called out, much to his twin's embarrassment.

Fred pulled away from Addi with a slight blush on his face. "What were you thinking? You could have died!"

Addison watched as the rest of the common room nodded their heads in  agreement.

"It's Malfoy! If Buckbeak had injured him, he would have probably gotten his father involved. He'd probably have him executed," Ron murmured his agreements, while Hermione smacked him on the arm.

"Well don't do that ever again," Hermione scolded. Seeing her best friend covered in blood wasn't something she needed to see ever again.

"Here, here!" Everyone else shouted.