Chapter 12

The rest of November flew by, and before Addi knew it it was almost time for Christmas. Snow laid in a neat blanket across the grounds and the castle was already decorated for the holidays. Classes were done for the year as it was the weekend before Christmas. Addi had elected to go home this year for the holidays, so her mother wouldn't be lonely, so she spent as much time with her friends as she could. 

   Except, it was a Hogsmeade weekend. 

   Harry still couldn't go, so Addison decided to stay with him this time. Until he got the brilliant idea to try and use his invisibility cloak to sneak down to the village. Addi agreed to help him, and followed as he walked past the Weasley twins who were building a snowman. They didn't get far because George grabbed Harry,  Fred tossed Addi over his shoulder and dragged the two into a hidden corner.

   "Clever, Harry."

   "But not clever enough."

   "Besides, we've got a better way."

   George pushed Harry to sit down on a flight of stairs as Fred let Addi gently down next to him. Snatching the cloak off of himself, Harry and Addi shared a look of disbelief. Fred pulled out a crusty piece of parchment and placed it in Harry's hands.

   "What's this rubbish?" Addi and Harry asked in unision.

   "Rubbish they say. That there is the secret to our success," Fred poked the parchment with his wand.

   "It's a wrench giving it to you, believe me."

   "But we've decided your need are greater than ours. George, if you will..."

   George placed the tip of his wand in the middle of the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Intricate lines of ink flowed out onto the paper. Forming lines and words at the top. 

   "Messrs. Moony," Addi began followed by Harry.

   "Wormtail."

   "Padfoot."

    "And Prongs."

    "Are proud to present the Marauder's Map?" They finished together. 

   "We owe them so much," George sighed contently.

   "Hang on. This is Hogwarts! And that... no. Is that really...?" Harry asked while pointing at a moving pair of footprints labeled Dumbledore.

    "Dumbledore."

    "In his study."

   "Pacing."

   "Does that a lot," George finished.

   "You mean, this map shows..." Addi began, only to be interrupted by Fred.

   "Everyone."

   "Everyone?" Harry repeated.

   "Everyone," George confirmed.

   "Where they are."

   "What they're doing."

   "Every minute minute."

   "Of every day!" George finished brightly.

   "Brilliant! Where'd you get it?" Harry asked the twins as Addi thought hard about the last few years.

   "Is that how you guys find me all the time?" She asked them pair who nodded proudly at her.

   "Nicked it from Filch's office, of course, first year. Now listen. There's seven secret passageways out of the castle, but we'd recommend..."