Chapter 28

Footsteps echoed up and down the length of the hospital wing as Addi waited for Harry to come in. Ron had gotten his leg wrapped and was now having a quiet conversation with Hermione, glancing over at the pacing girl from time to time with concern. They might have been there for an hour before Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape came rushing in with an unconscious Harry. 

Addi rushed over to them with wide eyes, "What happened?"

Dumbledore set a hand on her shoulder, "It seems he was attacked by dementors, but he should be alright, Miss Tyler."

Without a thought, Addi turned and wrapped her arms around Professor Snape's middle and sobbed. "Thank you for going after him, and for protecting us," she whimpered into his robes. Snape was taken back by her sudden gesture and frowned. He placed a gentle pat on her head then pulled her off and set in her the chair beside Harry's bed. She immediately latched onto the boy's hand and buried her face in the bed as she continued to cry- the night's events catching up to her. She wasn't sure how long she sat there weeping, but Snape and McGonagall had disappeared and Dumbledore was at the other end of the wing speaking to Madam Pomfrey. 

The hand in hers tightened and Addi shot up. Harry was looking down at her in confusion, but Addi only smiled and launched onto him, hugging him. She heard him wince in pain, but made no move to get off, "Don't ever scare me like that again!"

The boy sighed and felt his stomach flutter at her concern. Ignoring the ache, he returned her embrace and lodged his head in her neck, "'M sorry, Ads."

Hermione rushed over seeing Harry awake, and Addi pulled away from him to wipe her face. "Harry!" The brunette said as the boy blinked and reached for his glasses. 

"I saw my dad," he said, placing the spectacles on the bride of his nose. 

The two girls shared a glance, "What?"

"He sent the dementors away," he continued. "I saw it across the lake."

Hermione shook her head, pushing his words to the back of her mind. "Listen, Harry. The caught Sirius. Any minute now they're going to perform the kiss."

"You mean they're going to kill him?" Harry sat up in the bed, looking between the two in horror.

"No, Harry. It's much worse," Addi sighed, crossing her arms as she thought about the innocent man's fate.

"They're going to such out his soul," Hermione finished. Just then, Professor Dumbledore entered, and the girl left Harry and Addi's side to stand before him. "Headmaster, you've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!"

"It's true, Sir," Ron piped up from his bed. "Sirius is innocent. It's Scabbers who did it."

"Scabbers?" the Headmaster asked.

Ron turned pink under his inquisitive gaze, "It's my rat, Sir. He's not really a rat- he was a rat! He was my brother Persi's rat-"

"The point is-" Addi cut of the redhead, "-we know the truth."

"Please, believe us," Hermione pleaded the man.

"I do, Miss Granger," He assured her and sighed. "But I am sorry to say that the word of four thirteen-year-old wizards will convince few others." He approached Ron's side and began to speak patting him on the leg occasionally. "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who've forgotten how to listen." Ron's whimpers went unnoticed to the elder, as did his glare while Addi covered her mouth to muffle her laughter. Dumbledore noticed the gold chain around Hermione's neck and stepped forward, "Mysterious thing- time." Addi's head shot up in panic, but saw that he was solely focused on her friend rather than herself. She let out a breath of relief. "Powerful...and when meddled with- dangerous." He paused for a moment, turning to stare at the blonde girl who felt as if all the air had been stolen from the room. Did he know? Yet, Dumbledore only turned back to Harry and Hermione, "Sirius Black is in the top most cell of the Dark tower. You know the laws miss Granger? You must not be seen, and you'd do well to return before the last chime. If not, the consequences are to ghastly to discuss. If you have success tonight, more than one innocent life can be spared." He walked past the pair, stopping once again by Hermione, "Three turns should do it." He continued on, but spoke to them over his shoulder. "Oh, by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." And then he was gone.

Addi shuffled over to Harry and Hermione as Ron stared at where the headmaster had been, "What the bloody hell was that all about."

Hermione sighed, turning away from the redhead and pulling the time turner from under her shirt. Addi brought Harry closer to her and Hermione as the brunette spoke, "Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk."

Hermione looped to chain around the three of them and flipped the hourglass three times, Addi smacking Harry's hand away as he tried to touch it. The next thing she saw was people rushing around backwards as the they traveled back in time. The blonde girl chuckled to herself.

Well wasn't this familiar?