Chapter 39

"Why are you sitting on the curb?"

"I was waiting for you, and thinking about everything," Addi said, looking up at her tall alien friend. 

He sat down beside her with a small frown, "And...?"

She hesitated, "I'm not okay....but I will be." Her eyes watered, "I just wish I could see them again."

The Doctor wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side, "I know, but Rose said it herself. Don't shut down, I'm here for you."

She gave him a half smile, "I'll try, but I can't promise anything."

"Good." 

They sat for a moment looking up at the stars, Addi wondering which one would lead her to her family once again. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to drop out of Hogwarts; there were too many people there that she relied on. Maybe, things would be okay for her after all.

"So...how'd it go with Donna?"

"Well, I figured out that she was being poisoned with Huon particles, but that energy was so ancient that it shouldn't have even existed anymore. That's why she appeared in the TARDIS because there are Huon particles at the heart of the TARDIS .But anyways, her fiancé was the one dosing her with it because he was employed by this ancient race called the Racnos and they were hibernating at the core of the Earth. They were set free once Torchwood had drilled as deep as they could. HC Clements, the building where Donna worked is the old Torchwood headquarters. The empress of the Racnos ended up eating Lance, Donna's fiancé, and then before she could eat Donna, I exploded the flood wall and drained the Thames into the big hole- drowning the empress and her children."

The silence was loud after he finished speaking. It took her a moment to process everything he'd said, but she finally realized how it ended and her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Was that the only option left?"

He hesitated, "I offered to find them a new place to live, but the empress refused. I couldn't let them take over the Earth."

"Then I understand," Addi grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze. 

He gave her a half smile before pulling her up and leading her back to the TARDIS. On the way, Addi and the Doctor reminisced about Rose, telling each other about the different memories they had shared together. Addi laughed particularly hard when he told her the time they encountered a face stealing alien that took people's faces through televisions. Every time she imagined Rose without a face, she laughed so hard, she ended up snorting. 

And although her heart ached when her sister and mother were mentioned, she felt better knowing someone else was missing them right alongside her.

She'd be okay. Everyone who cared for her would make sure of it.