Chapter 17

Addi awoke with a small gasp, eyes shooting open to look at the scurrying people. The Doctor and Rose were nowhere in sight, but everyone had smiles on their faces, so she figured they had solved the problem. A pang of sadness flitted through her body as she wanted to help as well, but pushed it down when she saw the glowing jar beside her. At least she had prevented Cassandra from causing any more problems.

Pushing herself into a seated position, Addi reached over and grasped the jar in her small hands. A smirk rested on her face and she rotated the glass around before placing it back down. Swinging her feet off the side of the hospital bed, she pushed off and to her feet, wobbling a little as the blood rushed to her head.

"You can go in here for now," Addi stated, placing the jar containing Cassandra in a little vent while nobody was looking. Then, she left to find Rose and the Doctor.

Seeing as the lifts weren't operational, Addi took the stairs. Flinging open the door to the first level, she was greeted by smiling faces and lots of hugs. The lobby was full of the recently cured diseased people. A sentence she never thought would ever pop into her mind. Somewhere along the way, she spotted the Doctor and Rose smiling at each other.

"I'm the Doctor, and I cured them," Addi heard as she approached. Smiling she hugged her sister, who grinned in relief down at her.

"How you feelin' little miss?" Rose asked her.

"Better now that we've saved them," Addi responded.

The Doctor held a fond gaze on the two of them before a woman came over and hugged him.

"That's right. Here, there we go, Sweetheart. Go to him. Go on, that's it. It's a new subspecies, Tylers! A brand new form of life. New humans! Look at them, look! Grown by cats, kept in the dark, fed by tubes, but completely, completely, alive! Cassandra can't even deny them because she helped create them. The human race just keeps on going, keeps on changing. Life will out. Ha!"

~~~

The quarantine was finally lifted and the group of three had made there way back to wear Addi had been placed after passing out. Right next to the Face of Boe.

"The Face of Boe!" The Doctor shouted as he approached. "You were supposed to be dying."

Addi and Rose both nudged him in the ribs on either side causing him to grimace and let out a small 'sorry'.

"There are better things to do today. Dying can wait," the Face of Boe replied making Addi's lips split into a soft grin. Rose on the other hand, flinched.

"I had forgotten about the telepathy," she mumbled, sticking her tongue out at the Doctor as he shushed her.

"I have grown tired with the universe, Doctor, but, you have taught me to look at it anew," the face of Boe echoed in their heads.

"There are legends, you know, saying that you're millions of years old."

"There are?" The Face of Boe mused, "That would be impossible."

"Well nothing is impossible," Addi smirked.

"Of course not, dear Addi," the Face of Boe replied to her.

The Doctor and Rose smiled as well, the Doctor speaking once again, " I got the impression there was something you wanted to tell me."

"A great secret."

"So the legend says," the Doctor swayed with his hands in his pockets.

"It can wait."

Addi burst into a loud fit of giggles at the Face of Boe's response. The Doctor looked like a child who'd been given a pair of socks on Christmas.