two

today she woke up with a start, groggily looking around her bedroom in confusion. the blinds were still drawn, yet there were shards of light peeking through them. she looked at where she heard the loud noise that woke her up, seeing her cat sitting lazily on the shelf. laughing, she got out of bed, getting up and reaching up on the shelf to pet her.

"tsk, stitches." meredith cooed. "how many times have i told you to be more careful?" she said, talking about the fact that she knocked a small crystal she had placed on her shelf.

stitches meowed in response, poking a paw at her hand and played with her fingers. meredith stood there for a while before reluctantly going to the bathroom and getting ready for the day.

digging through her closet, she grabbed one of her favorite sweaters and slipped it over her torso, over top of a black skirt. even if she wasn't going to post it, she decided to take a mirror selfie.

she yawned, covering a hand over her mouth before remembering what day it was

she yawned, covering a hand over her mouth before remembering what day it was. friday, the day that she was going to race dream. neither of them had said anything about it yet besides that one comment he left on her tweet, but she was planning on riling up the fans as much as possible before they were going to stream it.

he said that it was only going to be competitive for the camera, but she knew that she was still going to try her hardest to win. after all, she's had the crown of best speedrunner for less than a week, and she was planning to keep it.

when it became time, she grabbed her black headset, going to discord to dream's profile. it suddenly hit her that she didn't even know what this man sounded like, and the only interaction she'd had with him was a couple dms back and forth. a pit of anxiety began to slowly grow in her stomach as she clicked ring. she had anxiety, yes, but more so social than anything else. it wasn't as bad online as it was in person, but she still was just a bundle of nerves when it came to talking to new people. she was pretty good at hiding her anxiety, though.

"hello?" he said as soon as he joined the call. his voice made her relax slightly. it could make anyone relax, really. it was the right mix of sharp yet smooth, not super deep but not high pitched, either. she could tell that he was from the states from his distinct american accent.

"hello!" meredith replied chirpily, dragging out the 'o.' "are you prepared?"

"oh, you're american? i thought you lived in london?" he asked, slightly caught off guard by her half british half american accent.

"oh, i moved here a few years back. hold on, let's save the small talk for content." she replied. "are you prepared?" she repeated, clicking a few keys to open twitter and preparing a firestorm of tweets to send out minutes before the surprise stream.

"yeah, i have my—"

"to lose?" she interrupted. a smile overtook her face when she heard the soft chuckling from his end.

"i'm not going to lose, because you're going to lose." he challenged. meredith could hear the smirk on his face, bringing out her own.

"oh, yeah?" she raised her hand and placed her chin in it, "we'll see about that."

they sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, both of them tweeting out things about the stream.

twitter!

pumpkin :> @pumpkin
feeling good, about to beat a man in minecraft today
💬 8,932 🔁 13.9k ❤️ 282k
|
user1 @user1
@dream ????

dream @dream
prepare to lose
💬 4,832 🔁 21.9k ❤️ 231k
|
user3 @user3
he's about to pop off y'all

pumpkin :> @pumpkin
streaming a race with green boy today in a few minutes surprise 😢
💬 13.8k 🔁 32.9k ❤️ 319k
|
dream @dream
wtf

dream @dream
let's go i'm streaming with an inanimate object today
💬 12.7k 🔁 56.7k ❤️ 304k
|
pumpkin :> @pumpkin
at least i can't be called a wet dream
|
dream @dream
i