twenty six

"you know, i've been really wanting to do a face reveal lately." clay spoke, rummaging through his suitcase while they were in their room.

"really?" meredith asked. she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, looking up from her bag.

"yeah. it's getting tiring to constantly have people ask for my face and hiding it in public when i'm with other content creators. i haven't really told anyone about this besides you, since, well, you're in the exact same situation i'm in. and the fact that i trust you."

"mm." she hummed, moving her hands through her clothes again, trying to find her swimsuit that was buried underneath the other things she packed. "i get it. i like the privacy of not being recognized out in public when i'm alone, but i constantly have to live with the worry of people 'exposing' me or something."

"yeah, exactly. i want to do it at some event or something, not just making a normal face reveal video. that's pretty boring." he made a small celebratory noise when he finally found his swim trunks, fishing them out from his suitcase.

"i might do one if i ever get to 20 million. i know i joke a lot about doing one but i'm actually thinking about it this time. the only difference between me and you is that i'm a girl and you're not. women are expected to be all fucking glammed up all the time and ready for the camera, then if you look at literally tommy, he wears the same red shirt and people just make a meme out of it."

"yeah, you're right. gender stereotypes are ass. i'm just kind of worried because apparently fans have this preconceived notion that i'm really attractive based on my voice for some reason, and i just don't feel like i live up to that standard."

she stopped in her tracks, turning around and facing him. she put her hands on either side of his face. "clay. of course you live up to that standard! when nick described you on screen to viewers as looking like young captain america, i'd say that's pretty accurate. and besides, if they somehow don't find you attractive and unsubscribe because of that, fuck them."

he smiled, his cheeks heating up under her hands, "thanks. i hope you don't have that worry, either."

"oh, i don't." she laughed, holding a hand up to her mouth. "well, obviously i do. fans really like my voice too, apparently. but i don't care if some fifteen year old says that i'm ugly. in the end, i'm more successful than them, anyway."

"good way of thought." he raised his eyebrows. "have you seriously still not found your swimsuit yet?"

"give me a second!" she exclaimed. "it's all bunched up somewhere here and i have a lot of clothes, okay?"

"i know you have a lot of clothes." he gestured to the chair on her side of the room. "half of them are on the back of that chair and there's still a shit ton in your bag."

she shushed him. "okay, pick a color, black or green."

"i think you already know my answer." he said.

"yeah, true. okay, i'm going to the bathroom to change, shout at me when you're done changing out here so i don't accidentally walk in on you naked or something."

"that wouldn't be so bad," he teased.

"fuck you!" she said, grabbing her bikini and going to the bathroom.

"i bet you'd like to!" he called after her, repeating one of the first things she said to him when they first met. she smiled and laughed, closing the door behind her.

less than a minute later, clay shouted through the door that he was done, and she was still changing into her top. the strings on the back of her bikini top were a little bit too short for her to tie on her own behind her back, so she sighed and held them together with one hand as she exited the bathroom.

"clay!" she yelled, seeing him laying face down on the bed. he perked his head up, looking at her for a little bit before snapping out of it, sitting up on the bed.

"yeah?"

"help me?" she turned around, pointing to the strings. he hesitated before nodding, moving closer from the edge of the bed to carefully grab the strings from her hands and tied them together. his fingers brushed against her bare skin, sending chills up her spine. she managed to not show it, though, despite the goosebumps fighting to show on her arms.

"okay," he said, letting go and stepping back slightly.

she turned around, facing him. her eyes trailed down to his shorts, examining them, and back up his torso. "a gamer boy who has some muscles? damn."

he laughed, "i don't spend all of my time at the computer. i used to play football, you know."

"i didn't play any sports in high school." she smiled contently. "never found any interesting and was too busy with academics and other stuff anyway."

"okay, let's go. the others are probably waiting for us downstairs."

he was right, when they saw everyone already hanging out and splashing around in the pool. clay caught sight of them, running in and cannon balling into the pool, getting everyone even more wet.

"oh, my god." meredith laughed, walking in through the door. "we've been downstairs for less than a minute."

he came back up to the surface, gasping for air and coughing. "ugh, i jumped in wrong."

she giggled, slapping a hand up to her mouth as she saw a pumpkin floaty on the surface of the pool. "who bought that?! i need to get on it, who bought that?"

"i did," clay grinned. "can you help me get out of the pool, first?" she rolled her eyes, holding a hand out to him to help him. instead of pulling himself out of the pool, he dragged her into the water, causing her to yell and fall right on top of him in the pool.

george and nick watched, laughing and pointing at her. "clay!" she coughed, smoothing her hair back as she swam up to the surface. "you asshole!"

he wheezed, coughing mid laugh. "worth it."

"whatever. i need to get to the pumpkin." she swam down and back up over to the floaty, carefully climbing on it and laying down. "fuck you." she made a gesture with her hands to clay, making him laugh more.

"if you want." he shrugged, moving over to nick and george.

"clay!" she yelled. "there are children present!"

"ahh—i'm not a child!" tommy screamed from the corner of the pool.

"the goggles on your head say otherwise." she laughed, moving her hair out of her face and getting the water out of her eyes.

"fuck you, woman."

twitter!

pumpkin :> @pumpkin
dream just pushed me into the water and tried to kill me
💬 8,843 🔁 37.7k ❤️ 264k

dream @dream
it was a POOL
|
pumpkin :> @pumpkin
you tried to kill me green bitch

george @georgenotfound
can confirm. #dreamkinisreal
|
pumpkin :> @pumpkin

 #dreamkinisreal  |pumpkin :> @pumpkin

  |
dream @dream
LOLLLL