fifteen

twitter!

user5 @user5
ayo @pumpkin are you ever gonna take part in the lore on the dreamsmp?
💬 854 🔁 1,328 ❤️ 16.7k
  |
pumpkin :> @pumpkin
i don't think i will, but i do write some of the story with dream and wilbur. it's not that i'm a bad actress, just that i feel like i'd go rogue without thinking about it and cost someone their canon life by accident LOL

irl!

it was a regular tuesday evening, the sun setting in the background gave meredith's face a light golden glow. she was on facetime with will, listening to him play his newest song to her he had yet to release. he had been working on his song for quite a while now, but refusing to give her any snippets until he was done.

"i'm in love with an, i'm in love with an, i'm in love with an, with an e-girl." he sang, strumming his guitar over the phone. her eyes were closed while she was listening to him, so she didn't see him staring directly at her.

"mom took away my ps4, so i punched a hole through my bedroom wall. i'm not aggressive, i just ooze masculine passion." he continued, looking down at his hands as he played his guitar.

"did you know i've also got depression? i'm self-diagnosed, thought i should mention. i thought you could be the one to fix me." his voice faded out, and he stopped playing. she opened her eyes in confusion, looking at him staring at her.

"is that the end of the song?" she asked.

"there's a verse after this one that's supposed to be from the e-girl's perspective." he said, setting his guitar down on the side of his bed. "i need a girl to sing it and then duet with me for the last bit of the song."

"...okay? have you not found someone to work with you?" her brow furrowed, and she adjusted her position to be sitting slightly more upright in her bed.

"i was hoping that the girl could be you."

she was hesitant. "really? i don't know, i—"

he interrupted her before she could decline. "think about it, mer. we both know that you can sing, and i think you suit the part of the e-girl in this song! plus, we work together really well. no one's heard you actually sing seriously on camera, so they wouldn't recognize your voice on the song as pumpkin."

she bit the skin on her lip, a bad habit she's had since she was a kid. "you sure?" she finally asked.

"of course. i wouldn't be asking you if i wasn't sure about having you with me on the song! you have an amazing voice!" he insisted.

"okay, fine. only because i like you, i'll do it. what do you want me to sing?" she stretched and sat up against the wall.

"this is how it goes." he started, bringing his guitar back into his lap and began strumming again. he cleared his throat and began singing the higher part, slightly awkwardly since it was just barely out of his range. "i wanna be the girl that you fall asleep on call with. meanwhile, i'll find other people to talk with. 'cause you like me and i think you're a maniac. let's skip to the good bit, let's completely block all contact."

"like this?" she reached over to the corner to grab her own guitar, beginning to replicate his fingers on the neck of the guitar and singing what he sang. while she was singing, she got a new incoming facetime call from someone. she stopped, leaning closer to the phone to read the contact name.

"oh, uh—sorry will, i'm getting another call from clay. can i talk to you later?" she asked, smiling slightly and apologizing with her eyes.

"sure—yeah, that's alright. have fun." she ended the call and picked up the one from the boy she was getting closer with, grinning at the screen.

"hello—" she tried, before getting cut off by clay's frantic yelling.

"meredith!! meredith, guess what!!" he gasped, his face incredibly close to the camera.

"you won the lottery?" she questioned, raising a brow at his sudden excitement. "what happened?"

"i hit—" he took a breath, "i hit 16 million subs!!" he backed away from the camera, grinning widely from ear to ear.

"oh, yay!! just now?" she exclaimed, clapping.

"yeah, like literally a minute ago. you're the first person i called, well, besides george who's here with me right now."

"wha—what do you mean, here with you?" her face scrunched up again in confusion. there was no way, that in the past two days she hadn't spoken to clay that either of them traveled across the ocean.

"oh, hah. i meant he's on call with me. say hi, george!" he pointed the camera to george's face, where she could see his camera was on but clay's wasn't.

george smiled at the camera, waving in assumption that they were looking at him right now. "hello—wait. dream, you just called her by her real name. should i not have heard that?" he asked. she could see the visible worry lines appear on his face.

she laughed, "no, no, it's fine. i don't really care if my real name gets leaked, as long as my face doesn't get out with it. nice to meet you, george. i'm meredith!"

"meredith." he repeated. "pretty name."

"thanks!" she chirped.

"hey, hey, the reason why i called you is because i hit 16 mil, remember?" clay whined, turning the camera back at his face.

"okay, you big baby. what are you going to do for celebration?" she asked, laughing slightly and scratching the side of her face.

"i'm gonna buy a cake with no writing on it, then write 'thanks for helping me on the road to beat pumpkin in subs.' on it in green frosting." he smiled, his perfectly straight teeth showing.

"you're still far behind. i have—let me see..." she paused facetime momentarily, opening the youtube app on her phone to see. "i have 16.7 million." she stated triumphantly.

"what?!" he exclaimed. "didn't you just say you had 16.4 a week ago?!"

she hummed, shrugging. "guess people just like me more, dunno."

"can vouch." george added.

"shut the fuck up, george." clay said bitterly.

"hey! i'm the one here that has to deal with you two bickering over your 16 million subscribers!" he complained.

meredith laughed, "yeah, clay. you're just salty that i'm better than you!" she sang, sticking her tongue out at him. he pouted at her, causing her to just laugh more.

"ass."

"you are what you eat," she supplied.

"what?!" both guys said, incredulous.

she merely shrugged again, setting her phone down at the table as she picked up her guitar to tune it. she heard faint laughter from his end, making a smile creep on her face. she had a small inkling that clay and his friends were going to become really good friends of hers.

author's note:

hello! i have a new georgenotfound fanfic up on my page, and i'm really excited for it :]

feel free to check it out!! vote, comment, whatever you want. the prologue and famous birthdays are out!