seven

"oh, shit!" meredith woke up with a start yet again, getting up out of bed frantically as she remembered that she had a stream that day.

"what's going on?" wilbur asked groggily, sitting up on the other side of the bed. because he didn't have a spare room, they always just resorted to sharing a bed. it didn't matter to them, so it was perfectly normal.

"i have a stream! how am i going to stream?" she said, running to the bathroom to get ready and brush her teeth.

"just use my setup." he groaned, pulling the covers back over his head. she rolled her eyes, going over and yanking the blanket off his body.

"how will you stream, then?" he sat up and sat on the corner of the bed sulking for a few seconds. "you big baby." she ran a hand through his hair, combing it out a little and taming it with her fingers.

he finally got up after she had to physically pull him up, and he towered over her. "fucking hell, i forget how tall you are sometimes. how tall are you, again?"

"6'5, i think. i don't know, haven't measured in a while." he stretched his arms up and yawned, the knuckles of his hands hitting the ceiling.

she laughed at him groaning in pain. "what the fuck. oh, my god, i still have the stream!" she ran over to will's setup, making sure the camera was off and logged into her twitch account. she hit go live, covering the webcam with her hand just in case.

"uh, sorry folks, i overslept a little!" she chuckled, seeing the chat spam with 'late pumpkin late pumpkin.' "i forgot to mention that i'm actually officially a part of the dreamsmp now, and no, i haven't chosen a side or anything yet."

she watched will from the other side of the room jump back on the bed face down and went back to sleep. she shook her head, going back to open minecraft. when she joined the game, she realized that she was, in fact, not on her account, but on wilbur's.

"oh, shit. that's not my account. oh, well. chat, looks like we're going to be having a bit of a troll day with wilbur's account. if you don't know, i'm over at his place right now and i'm streaming from his setup. he's over on the bed still asleep, like the lazy ass he is."

"i can still hear you!" he called, muffled. she laughed, moving around slightly to get used to his keyboard controls. even after her numerous trips over at his house, she was yet to get comfortable with his set up.

"let me show you guys my house that i built off camera a few days ago. some of you might've seen it from other people's perspectives, but here's an in-depth tour!" she exclaimed.

<tommyinnit> wilbur
<tommyinnit> wilbur
<tommyinnit> wilbur
<tommyinnit> wilbur
<tommyinnit> wilbur
<tommyinnit> vc4
<tommyinnit> vc4
<tommyinnit> vc4

"uh, okay hold on. the kid is calling him." she paused in her steps to open the discord tab, seeing that she was also in his account there, too. she joined the call and was immediately met with unintelligible yelling from two people.

"tubbo! hurry up!" tommy screamed.

"but the bees!!"

"hello?" she poked in. "what's going on?"

"get out of here woman. we're waiting for wilb—wait, what? are you on his account?"

"yeah," meredith replied. "still at his house, too. what's going on??"

"hi pumpkin!" tubbo exclaimed.

"hi tubbo!! you're my favorite child." she said, laughing.

"why am i not your favorite?" tommy asked dejectedly.

"...are you admitting that you're a child?" she smirked, leaning back on the bench as she watched her chat.

"wait—no! wait!" he tried before she left the call, cackling and going back to running around the smp.

"alright, two down, a million more to go. seriously, how many people are in this server? okay, so, here's my house chat! i'm not one for building on stream since it takes a while and gathering the materials is boring so i built this with dream a couple days ago. well, i built it while i talked to him. the man can't build for shit."

she gave a quick tour, showing her orange bed, lanterns, and little potted plants and vines she had around the house. in the corner of the screen, she saw the yellow text indicating that dream had joined the game. "the man of the hour has arrived, everyone!"

<wilbursoot> dream vc2
<dream> why
<wilbursoot> vc2

"wilbur? what's up?" he said as she heard the discord join call sound.

she lowered her voice as much as possible, clearing her throat and began mimicking will's heavy accent. "dream, hello. i need you to come to pumpkin's house and help me get some diamonds to put in her chest."

he started laughing, his signature wheeze coming in slightly. "okay, pumpkinbur. you're still at his house?"

"yeah, i practically live here. and it's not like i'm going to be going an hour and a half here to stay for just a couple hours." she said, seeing his netherite covered green character running up to her.

"it's so weird hearing your voice coming from wilbur's body." he said, punching you slightly.

"imagine what it's like hearing her voice come from her own fucking body!" will called from the bed. dream started wheezing, his character freezing completely as he laughed.

"i thought you were asleep!" she called back. "hold on chat, i'll be back after i whoop his ass." the chat exploded with cheers and encouraging her, which probably wasn't the best thing to do.

"hey, wait!" he braced for impact, holding his arms out over him as he was still laying on the bed.

"fuck you! either go to bed or get up and stream with me!" she slapped his arm, grabbing it and physically dragging him out of the bed. he laughed at her efforts, getting up with her and following her to his desk.

"okay, i'm back. what are you doing?" she asked, turning to see dream placing a bed on the roof of her house.

"i don't have a house." he simply said.

"and that gives you the right to take charge of my roof? nuh uh, pay me rent first." she climbed up the small parkour thing he made, punching him once and staring at him.

"it's really hard to take you seriously when you're wilbur." he stifled a laugh.

"what's that supposed to mean?!" will yelled from beside meredith. she laughed and patted his head.

"uh—nothing. this is my server, so i shouldn't have to pay anything."

"if i remember correctly, you're the one that started begging me to join the smp! i came here because of your requests, not the other way around." she replied.

"i didn't beg you, i simply—"

"didn't beg me?? you tweeted for seven days straight and cried to me in our dms for me to join!"

"okay, wait—now that's just an exaggeration!" he exclaimed.

she took out wilbur's axe, sneaking closer to him. he backed away and put up his shield, edging closer to the corner of the roof.

"yeah, that's what i thought." she said, unsneaking and backing away.

"suck it, green boooy!!" wilbur added. she laughed and broke character, taking her hand off the keyboard and hitting the side of his arm. dream started laughing too, unsneaking and accidentally falling off of her roof. that only made the three of them laugh harder, meredith leaning forward and putting her face in her hands.

"my god, will." she got out in between breaths. "how are you older than me? wait, dream, how old are you?"

"21," he said, still wheezing.

"oh! i'm 21, too! and yet this man-child acts younger than us. you're 24, will." she said, burying her face in his bicep.

he just chuckled, looking down at her hair sprawled around on her shoulders. they only had a couple more hours of seeing each other in person before she had to leave, so they were going to make the most of it. on stream or off stream.