three

their fans absolutely went bonkers with the new information that she and dream simultaneously tweeted out. within seconds, there were 100k people already watching her stream. she deafened herself, clearing her throat and introduced the stream.

"hey folks! so i know that this is a surprise stream and such, and i may seem to be pretty bored about it but i'm actually pretty excited for this! dream basically spammed me on twitter a couple days ago after my speedrun and dmed me begging for a rematch, so i pitied him and decided to race him."

her viewers were used to her deadpan humor, so they all just laughed at this instead of just taking offense. dream fans who were watching her pov, however, did not.

"i'm kidding, dream stans. please don't cancel me on twitter! i need the likes!" she said in a sarcastically scared tone. a lot of people were saying that she'd get along with technoblade very well in the chat, and she thought so too. before meredith started youtube, she was a fan of techno when he first started. and to think that she was now more popular than him was insane.

"okay, anyway." she continued. "i'm doing a speedrunning race with dream. basically, that means that we're both going to spawn in the same world, and try to finish minecraft before the other person. that also means no killing the other person, or intentionally following them and stealing their stuff. it doesn't mean that i can't steal his ender dragon kill and get in the portal first, so if it comes to that, i will." she smiled, evilly.

"alright green boy, ready to lose?" she said as she unmuted and undeafened. she was met with another laugh.

"i'm ready to win, pumpkin." he replied. she joined the server that he made, letting the blocks load in before immediately punching him and running to the nearest tree.

"so," meredith started as she was making a wood pickaxe. "how long you been playing minecraft?" she was in the mood to get to know him better, especially since it wasn't a cutthroat part of the game yet.

"mm, i'd say 9, 10 years. you?" he asked. she saw the outline of his green body heading toward the same village as her, and she started yelling at him.

"oh, no you don't! i saw this village first!" she ran and got the hay bales, quickly breaking all the beds before he could. dream cursed at her, going to kill the iron golem but she stole the iron before he could jump down and get it.

"fuck you!" he yelled, running away to mine iron.

"i bet you'd like to!" she sang, quickly making a bucket and creating a nether portal in a lava pool she found.

as she was lighting it, he ran up to her and punched her into the lava, going to the nether portal first. luckily, she had quick reflexes so she was able to place a block underneath her before she fell in. there was a punching match for a while in the portal, both of them hitting the other in and out.

"okay, temporary truce. we're both wasting time." he decided, staying on the other side of the portal and sneaking away from her.

"pff, okay. oh, i haven't answered your question yet. i started when i was 10 years old, so 11 years now."

"wow," he replied. "what about your accent?"

they entered the nether, both seeing a fortress on the other side of the lava lake. they took different paths, him choosing to bridge across and her choosing to run around it. in the end, she was the one that entered first because of her parkour skills, and she didn't hit him off his bridge despite her urges telling her to.

"i live in london, for all my new viewers that don't know. i moved here when i was...17? i think? and i picked up some of the accent since i've been here for four years now. before that, i lived in new york, so that's why i always include est when i'm announcing my future streams."