twenty three

"people are going crazy over the fact that we're all together." meredith laughed, reaching up to hang one of the ornaments. they were all decorating the tree now, mostly niki and meredith seeing as they were the only ones with an eye for style. even then, it was mostly meredith, honestly.

"i know," wilbur said. "they're spamming my last tweet, and that was from two weeks ago."

"dude, same," nick added. "i haven't posted in like three months on instagram and they're commenting under it."

she listened to their conversation, still reaching up and putting the decorations on the branches. one branch in particular was quite difficult to reach, causing meredith to try and get on her tippy toes in an attempt to hang it up there. her footing slipped, causing her to barrel back behind into whoever the unlucky person was standing behind her.

"woah!" clay exclaimed, quickly turning fully and catching her before she completely fell on the ground. he helped her up, supporting her with his arm as she regained balance. "you need help with that?"

"...yeah" she admitted. "i'm not short." she added after she handed him the ornament.

"right there." she pointed, him nodding and placing it up there.

"you're pretty short." he said, resting his arm on her shoulder. she grumbled, pushing it off and moving down to get the remaining bits of tinsel.

"oi! you two!" nick called, causing them both to look in his direction. "either stop fucking flirting or kiss already!"

"nick!" she yelled, walking over to slap him with the tinsel in her hands. he laughed, taking cover with his arms blocking his face. clay was still standing by the tree, but with his hands moving up and down his face and him ridiculously blushing. george noticed, moving to his side to poke fun at him.

"haha," he laughed. "little pissbaby got all embarrassed because the pretty girl he likes knows!"

"shut it, george." clay said, running both hands through his hair now. "she doesn't know, does she?" he asked, now having worry seep onto his face.

"i mean, if you want me to be honest, she probably does." clay groaned. "but, i know that she likes you, too. idiot." george said.

"how do you know?" clay looked down at him suspiciously.

"please. it's so obvious! you two are these super sharp, quick thinkers that you can't even take a moment to slow down and see all of the signs that she's giving you. whether it's intentional or not, it's pretty damn clear she likes you back."

he made a face, "i don't know, george."

"clay." george said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "trust me, okay? ask anyone here, and they'll say the exact same thing i just did."

he whined, his head drooping slightly. "i can think about this later. for now, if you'll excuse me, i have to finish decorating this tree!"

george sighed, giving up and walking back to where meredith and nick were playfully insulting each other. "you're fucking short!" she yelled.

"i'm an inch above average!!" he retorted. "you're the one who's short!"

"i'm above average too!!"

"kids, kids, break it up." george came back, separating them with his hands causing meredith to roll her eyes at him.

she opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when she noticed someone in the very corner of the living room. "ooh! piano!" her voice echoed throughout the large space from that area, making everyone turn their attention to her.

"guys, look! piano! i'm going to play a song." she slammed down on the keys for a little bit, making sure it was properly working before positioning her hands into the right places.

the rest of the crew flocked over to the piano like seagulls to a sandwich, intrigued by what she was doing. the only one to have heard her sing before was will, so the rest were quite pleasantly surprised when she opened her mouth.

"i don't care about the presents underneath the christmas tree." she sang, looking down at her fingers as she played the piano. it had been a while since she played, so she was starting off slower.

"i just want you for my own, more than you could ever know." she looked up at clay for a split second as she sang that bit, and he caught her glance. he wasn't sure what to make of it, but he just kept watching her with a smile on his face.

"make my wish come true, yeah. all i want for christmas is you." now, she was definitely looking at him. he merely smiled back at her, showing his teeth. he leaned against the side of the piano lightly, being the closest person to her.

by the end of the song, the others had already scattered slightly to go so their own things, with clay still staying there. "didn't know you could sing." he pointed out the obvious, sitting next to her on the piano bench.

"i told you i could a couple weeks ago, you probably don't remember since you were half asleep." she began playing a small tune absentmindedly with her right hand, looking at clay's right very close to her left on the bench.

"really? you sure have a lot of tricks up your sleeve, huh?" he laughed softly, watching her hand move on the piano.

"yeah, i guess i do." she shrugged. she looked down at his hand again, picking it up with her left and placing it on the piano. he looked at her, confused, and she just smiled at him.

"follow my lead, okay?" she asked, slowly pressing down keys. he glanced from his hand to hers, copying the exact thing she was doing. all the while they had the biggest smiles on their faces. while they were immersed in the instrument, george snuck up and took a picture.

instagram!

❤️ 💬 ↗️liked by wilbursoot, sapnapinsta, and 1,328,473 othersgeorgenotfound zoomed in pic of @pumpkin teaching @dreamwastaken how to play piano

❤️ 💬 ↗️
liked by wilbursoot, sapnapinsta, and 1,328,473 others
georgenotfound zoomed in pic of @pumpkin teaching @dreamwastaken how to play piano

user1 we are being FED with dreamkin yall
|
user2 hell yeah!!!

pumpkin when did you take this
|
sapnapinsta while u two were making out on the piano bench
|
pumpkin WHAT
|
dreamwastaken WHAT SAPNAP
|
user4 they didn't deny it.......
|
pumpkin we have not made out on the piano bench.
|
georgenotfound yet
|
pumpkin GOGY????

user5 george is number 1 dreamkin shipper confirmed LMFAO