Shikamaru Nara X Reader

(A/N - Y/n is the daughter of Asuma Sarutobi if you were wondering, hope you like it!) 

Shikamaru let out a nervous sigh as the Sarutobi household only got closer and closer. He had planned this day for a while now and had even gotten Ino, Choji, Naruto to make sure his idea for the night was perfect for what he had in mind. Shikamaru smiled and his nervous thoughts had changed to Asmua Sarutobi's daughter, Y/n who he had done all of this for. He didn't set up a fancy dinner at a fancy restaurant because he knew that wasn't the two, he set up a small picnic dinner under stars at his favorite spot. His feet paused as he got to the gate, pulling his hand from his pocket he sighed again "I can do this." he told that to himself as he pushed the gate opening walking up the steps till he reached the front door. He looked at his feet nervously, at the end of the night he was gonna ask the girl to be his girlfriend which he was trying to build the confidence to tell her.

The door was quickly opened which shocked the boy, Asuma let out a chuckle staring at the boy he just stared "You're nerves are getting to Shikamaru," His mentor let out a large chuckle he had known for a while that the two had liked each other for a sometime. "Do you mind if I take Y/n out for a while?" Shikamaru scratched the back of his neck as Asuma crossed his arms "For a while, Ino and Choji already told me your plans." "WHAT!" Shikamaru stood annoyed due to the fact that his teammates would tell Asuma since he was the girl's father. Asuma let out a laugh as his voice went softer to make sure the girl didn't hear "I don't mind Y/n with a good guy like you Shikamaru," Asuma sighed as he turned around staring at the staircase. "Y/N!" The older male shouted, there was a small ruckus before the girl appeared with her large smile, she looked at her dad before looking at Shikamaru giving him a fairly large hug before letting him go.

"What are you doing here Shika?" the girl tilted her head slightly to the left making the boy blush as she did, "I wanna hang out with you Y/n. That's all." her eyes lit up brightly as she stared at the boy "Yeah sure." Y/n turned to her father who was giving Shikamaru a slight stare. She quickly gave her dad a hug as he placed a kiss on her cheek, the boy grabbed her hand and entwined his fingers with hers which made her blush "Bye Dad!" the girl shouted as the two walked down the streets. Y/n turned to Shikamaru who was trying to calm his already bright face "Where are we going Shika?" he let out a chuckle meeting her gaze "It would be a drag to tell you." Shikamaru smiled and everything was going in his favour he guessed.

The two wandered a bit longer until the picnic lit with candles came in sight, Y/n's eyes gleamed in excitement as she stared at all her favourite foods and the shoji board in the corner. She turned to Shikamaru who had one hand scratching his neck and the other hand still gripping hers gently. "Shika this is amazing." Her eyes looked at the pinic longer until she saw there was an empty cup of instant ramens and a half empty bag of chips which made her smile as she knew he got help from two certain people, maybe more. She pulled him down to sit, he sat with her leaning against him, her hands laid almost cross one another comfortably as she stared at all the food trying to choose what to eat first. She picked up her first thing that came to her mind, eating it slowly to savour the flavour while Shikamura chose what he wanted to eat.

The night stretched on, Shikamaru was laying down beside the girl as she snuggled up to him. The pair stared into the night sky in a comfortable silence yet Shikamaru couldn't shake the blush on his face which made Y/n wonder if he was sick or something other affecting her teammate. With a quick roll, she was sitting on his stomach, her head bent down close to his face while her hands held his cheeks almost massaging them in the process. His cheeks turned redder, yet she didn't seem bothered to the fact that he was actually blushing because he liked her. "Shika," she paused placing a hand on his forehead "Are you feeling alright?" he stared at her blankly, she was just as clueless as Naruto sometimes. "I'm feeling alright, it's just-"he paused staring at him before turning his head away from the girl. Shikamaru turned his head back at the girl, every feature on her face was absolutely perfect to him and the small cheeky grin that usually played on his face always made butterflies swarmed in his stomach.

"Just?" Shikamaru slowly placed his hand on her cheek drawing small circles with his thumb on the pinkish skin on her cheek. Her cheeky grin began to play on her lips as she stared down at the boy, his eyes flickered back and forth before he built the confidence. "Y/n- for a while now I've liked you-" he was cut off by the girl herself, Y/n bent lower placing a small kiss on the boy's cheek before sitting back up. "I've liked you too Shikamaru." The spiky haired boy sat up and he slowly wrapped his hands around her waist, Y/n smiled placing her head in his shoulder. The two stayed like that with their eyes close, yet Naruto, Choji and Ino had other plans.

From their small bush they were hiding the trio jumped out scaring the Y/n making her let out a small scream while Shikamaru's eyes widened before they gave the trio a death stare that would kill them all in an instant. "Shikamaru and Y/n sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Choji and Naruto sang as they danced around the couple, before Ino grabbed them by the ears telling them off as she pulled them away, which made the Y/n laugh at the sight. She came to her senses a few minutes after, slowly she turned back to Shikamaru with a serious face "What do you think my dad would say?" The boy smiled "Asuma already knows and he doesn't mind." Shikamaru chuckled. From the distance Ino, Naruto and choji smiled to themselves "We did it." the three said in unison leaving to give the new couple some space.