Mikey Sano X Reader

∘°要求された°∘

[ R E Q U E S T E D ]

Broken homes and faulty education systems made boys into men, not the ones that took slow, arduous steps, lived on coffee and survived just because they couldn't let the team down all while on below minimum pay. It made fresh blood of yakuza footmen, soldiers if need be and a horrific cycle repeat without any imaginable escape or residual happiness in the lives of millions of teenagers that were sucked into such an inescapable life that could not be blamed on the individuals.

A life even if I tried I couldn't escape.

The tinted lip gloss held in my hand as I replaced the beginning to seep color from my lips, a mask to hide the pity and shame I felt for injuring others, I saw myself reflected in the teary or rolled back eyes as they laid unconscious or wincing in pain. The same crappy complex where the rent was never paid on time, water and electricity overdue till they turned it off and the month after that our parents could turn it on if we starved for a few weeks.

'How many?' a voice from a face that lasted two seconds within my mind before becoming obsolete, and nothing more than a face within a crowd,

'Fifteen.' I mumbled, staring upon the bodies of men who laid unconscious around me,

It wasn't as many that lingered around the resting body above the ones he practically made them a critical hospital case. He sat upon them breathless, both tired and worn out by the vigorous action of a gang fight between a weaker gang. Twenty-two men, plus five that scattered away as quick as the punches were thrown. Broken homes held psychopaths like him and I, unable to feel and the opposite of dreaming for a white picket fence.

While many couldn't get through a single one I let out a soft breath, a sigh of relief if there ever was one. My breath had been caught within my chest worried about the outcome of the unfolded event. Strands of blonde hair lingered in front of his face, some partially tied up and the rest fell down to the nape of his neck. He wasn't happy or upset, sat emotionless as if he found no joy in Toman successful win without any critical injuries other than bruised egos.

'Manjiro,' I hated calling him Mikey when I spoke to him, in simple conversation between someone else and myself I'd call him his nickname, however I found it sweeter when I called him a name only I called him and the way it rolled off my tongue felt ever-so sweet,

I stepped over the bodies, the lip bump tapped against the other palm in a melody that played in my head over and over again. He stood up, his eyes lingering upon the bodies before meeting my own. His eyes allowed me to continue on,

'Are you happy?' I whispered,

As I wiped away the sweat from his brow my eyes followed and my heart folded. palpitated in both sadness and betrayal. Betrayal that I could never find myself able to have such privileged love; where he'll lay down his coat on a puddle just for you to stand over. I could never "fix" Mikey Sano, nor could he ever fix the dwindling issues within me; rather he found residual comfort that formed the bridge between our friendship to our current relationship.

'Yeah,' he paused, 'You did good, glad I didn't get injured.' left his calm, unbothered lips,

'Y/n didn't get injured,' Draken mocked, 'She's the one who caused the fight in the first place, multiple people got hurt just because she-'

'Who died and made you Mother Teresa?' I snapped back in annoyance,

While he was true the simple reminder was both unnecessary and bluntly rude. With a final glare I snapped back towards Mikey, his hand beginning to pull my own and yet the private moment between him and I was daringly interrupted by his dog continuously following and barking orders as if Mikey was some white collared zombie working not paying attention to his boss.

I was oddly chained to stare upon the distant couple, hand in hand in love, his coat over her shoulders and their gooey love left a foul taste in my mouth as I stared upon unreachable true love in cold-blood jealousy. While I believed Mikey loved me, I truly believed he loved the thought of me, someone to ease his pain and love desperation.

When my hand felt uneasy, I took it away and stopped. A few feet away he had finally stopped, his head turned around with a soft confused tilt.

'I'm just going to go home. I'm tired.' I mumbled softly,

I waved and disappeared without another utter of another word. Corners turned into long streets of main roads and by the time I felt it my hand had already turned around to throw a punch yet stopped when the blonde hair and cold face met the presence of a familiar lover.

'Manjiro.' I whispered confused,

I was immediately taken into his body, his arms wrapped around me trying to squish my insides. The soft sniffle left his lips though he hid his face in my neck below my peripheral vision. My front foot tapping against the concrete to softly sway and to give him more of the comfort he desired. I was partially suffocated by his hair and the leather of his jacket.

'Manjiro.' I mumbled again pulling him towards the side of the road, my back pressed against a small storefront where the glass smooshed my back till the fabric creases where visible from the inside,

Perhaps it was the light above that kept flickering above that turned a lit bulb within my head; our love was just as worthy as the love depicted earlier by the couple on the street. He wasn't crying rather soft sniffles as if tears were unable to fall though his feelings were so apparently clear though his face was more of stoic, broken and unable to feel emotions.

'Should we?'

His face pulled back, his eyes darted to the same alleyway with a small, much younger "gang" giggling as if they were in the big leagues. His eyes set upon them I could feel his body tight, begin to tense staring down upon the kids who began to call slurs towards us.

'You're a pain, but sure.'

'I'm a pain, let's see what you'd say after I beat more of them up before you?'

His soft chuckle made my feelings ease. From broken homes, our love wasn't sweet, it was comfort in one another and can only be defined by us and no one else. And I guess I could agree that love came in all different shapes and forms.