Toge Inumaki X Reader

The table top loomed with bowels of rice, and seaweed. Another bowl of lukewarm water sat there along with other little things Inumaki had lying about that he didn't want to remove or couldn't be bothered with. Inumaki sat on the edge of his bed, while for both me and Itadori we sat upon two of the chairs placed around the table. Itadori's face was hard to read any day, but today was especially hard. I guess it was the fact that the idea that someone could communicate in such an odd way was hard to take in at first.

"So."

I dipped my hands in the lukewarm water so the rice wouldn't stick when I rolled it. I squeezed it over and over in my hand, trying to form a small bundle that would be enough for a few smallish bites. I glared at Itadori and I guessed he caught the idea as he began to make onigiri as well, while Inumaki just continued to sit on the bed staring aimlessly.

"What ya' want to know?"

"Well- how do you communicate with him since you know?"

I could never truly know what he felt like. For much of a muchness, Toge could only communicate through onigiri ingredients for the protection of everyone around him and that of a notebook whenever he wanted to say more than 'salmon, fish flakes' and other nonsense. Yet I knew it hurt him that the words he wanted to get off his chest he couldn't do.

"He has a short vocabulary-" "how long?"

Itadori was a sweet boy I'll give him that but man he was a space cadet who couldn't listen to the full sentence without butting in even if his life depended on it. Inumaki stood up and wandered to the spare seat close to me.

"It's the length of onigiri ingredien-" "WOAH!"

His eyes were almost bulging from his skull,

"Tuna."

I turned my head towards Inumaki, the few onigiri that I had made earlier were goggled down and by the sounds of his grumbling stomach he wanted more. I glared at him, I wanted to smack him and call him a dumbass for eating all that when it was to share.

"Just wait."

"How did you know what he wanted?!" Itadori gasped,

"Once you get to know someone in and out you know what they want without any words."

Itadori left after making a few dodgy onigiri balls while the five or so I had made were mostly gobbled down by Inumaki. I stood up from the table, I cleaned my hands by the small little sink and turned around to see that he had gobbled down the last one.
"Inumaki.." I growled,

His zipper was undone, the small residue of rice across his face. He turned his face around to hide it.

"Fish flakes." 'no'

Did he say no to me, I moved forward and grabbed his cheeks squeezing them between my fingers. Inumaki's face grew pink, his tongue was stuck out showing the bare edge of his seal on his tongue. I inched forward, the soft skin of the bridge of his nose against my lips as I closed my eyes. I placed my forehead against his own, the two of us staring at one another.

"Love you, stupid rice roll." i sighed,

He stuck his tongue out as I sat back down upon the chair. His head slowly found itself on top of my lap. The door slammed open and the biggest space cadet there was in the entire world stood blindfolded with a grin.

"Lovebirds there you are, I have a tiny reques-"

The sound of the plastic bowel hitting the side of the door made a loud bang sound. I stood up from the chair, and glared at him.

"Go away." I grumbled,

I pushed him out of the door and slammed it behind him. I sighed, I placed my head against the wall, did people really have to walk in when we finally have a moment to ourselves.

"L-ove... y-ou."

My ears perked up, my eyes watered and a smile crawled across my face. I turned my head towards him as he sat nervous in his seat if he was concerned as if he had cursed me. When our faces met he knew his only words were something other than cursed words or onigiri ingredients.

"Love you too, Inumaki..."