Shoei Baro X Reader

Shoei Baro, just the thought of him made my lips curl and a grin begin to entertain itself upon my lips. The soccer ball rolled under my foot, back and forth at pace none of the looming crowd could ever do, all for this one moment they were here. A monthly habit that always falls on the first of the month. A greed between two egoist that had to be settled to see who was the usual victory, the best striker out there. We all knew I was, just gave him the crown to feed his usually big ego.

'He's late.' they shouted,

Who wouldn't be late with the title of "king", I looked to the distance where the crowd had begin to loosen and draw to either side. When he stepped against the flatten grass I could feel something was up, it wasn't in myself rather him. His whole aura was off, and affected and I questioned if I should be concerned as it didn't feel like him rather flat and tired. His eyes drew to the floor as he made his way over till he loomed over though in actual fact it felt like I was looming over him. With one look I knew that if we would play it would be mine without hassle.

'Baro?' I whispered,

The boy's eyes loomed with heavy bags, his face pale and he was already breaking a sweat. His eyes danced, casted by dizzy spells and I knew he was too sick to play a good game. I kicked the ball up and caught it, throwing it into my bag cursing that I wouldn't go against him if he's in this physically unwell for this, it only made him angry.

'I've been waiting all month to go against you and you call it off?' An onslaught of coughs and words that obviously caused him much pain slipped his lips,

By the time it had slipped his lips, my things were collected in one bag and hung over my shoulder in a duffle bag, arms crossed as he gripped my collar in anger.

'I'm not going against you when you're obviously unwell, if I go against the king then I go against him when he's at his best, you got that?' I questioned him in annoyance, a spiteful tone lifted from my lips.

It wasn't rage, just annoyance, and he was sick, and though it was weak for me to say I cared for him, there were some underlying feelings there, ones I couldn't act on for more or less obvious reasons. The collar of my shirt scrunched within his hand, it held my weight as my feet dangled though it was for a spilt second too much energy just to pick me up. He had begun to sway in front of me and I questioned if I had to catch him.

'I'm fine, just a common cold. Too scared to fight me, princess?'

Princess wasn't his usual nickname for me. His cheeks burnt and I questioned if it was a misslip of the tongue, where were the usual commoner or snarky side-remarks? I grumbled releasing that that there was no point in arguing such nonsense to someone who obviously wasn't with it. I turned to the upset crowd and smiled.

'It's over losers, see ya next time.'

'Don't say that shit to me princess.' he growled,

He was weak and I estimated he would be roughly eighty kilos with a physical physique like that. I lifted him over and he flopped over my shoulder. His stomach engulfed my shoulder, and though I would probably drop him on any normal day, him just standing there swaying over and over caused more questions than it answered.

'Fuck Baro, couldn't you've been lighter today.'

I knew he was passing out, in residual comfort as he began to weigh down more upon my shoulder than he originally did. He gave me his address slowly out of spite or confusion- whichever came first. He was sure tough, it wasn't a regular common cold to take down a mammoth like him but I was sure his mother of three children would have at least some medicine to ease the sweltering temperature forming on his forebrow otherwise I'd have to buy it, and make him pay me back.