Neferpitou X Reader

»»————- Requested ————-««

(A/n - This one was really hard to write, I used gender neutral pronouns for Neferpitou as their gender isn't confirmed or known yet! Hope you enjoy!) 

A gentle breeze came from the east as the sun set in the same direction. A hard day of work was nearly at rest though you didn't think your peacefulness would last for that long, seeing a certain cat walk towards you from a road you once walked up made you sigh. You could tell by that smug smile upon their face that they were here to ruin your peace and quiet, something that usually didn't come around often. You watched Neferpitou walk forward until they stood a few metres away from you glaring at you like they had something in mind, you just wondered what exactly that was.

'Pitou,' You whispered,

They took a seat before laying back with their head in your lap knocking the book off and into the grass below which made you sigh. You continued to stare upon the swaying trees in the distance, you knew they were staring up at you with their big red orbs for eyes and a petty smirk like a cat across their face.

'Y/n.. y/n, y/n!' Neferpitou sung,

You looked down, staring at them with an annoyed look upon your face, Why did they always have to ruin your peace and quiet, you never get chances like these so why did they always have to ruin it.

'Pitou... I'm trying to relax here and you're the worst person to do it with so can you just go back in.' You sighed,

You picked the book back up, you flicked through the pages before you returned to the one that was doggy flapped and began to read. You held the book over Pitou's face so you didn't have to be annoyed by them. Yet like always they always found another way to annoy you, they kept playing with the pages, continuously flickering them as they held your hand every once and a while. Yet as time went past it only annoyed you more, You placed the book in the grass once more as you stared face to face with Neferpitou who had continuously tried to get your attention.

'Pitou...' you sighed, 'What do you want?'

You could see their smile which made you smile too, you placed a hand in their hair, combing it through with your hands as you scratched their ears. Seeing them grin ear to ear which made you sigh in relief.

'I just want to spend time with you, y/n.' they whined,

You smiled, it made your heart skip a beat, you loved hearing things like that. Pitou had been friends with you for a while now and hearing that they enjoyed being around you made you feel on top of the world.

'Fine, you can stay here but you have to be quiet-' you were cut off,

'At least read to me,' Pitou whined,

You just let out another sigh, picking up the book once more you turned to the right page as you began to read out loud. You had to say, things weren't too bad though this wasn't what you wanted to do for you once in a blue moon free day. You wouldn't say it was relaxing but it was nice it was perfect. Pitou wasn't too annoying, you quite enjoyed reading the book to them, it made you smile more. Though it wasn't relaxing it was nice and quiet even, the two of you enjoyed it to the point the two of you fell asleep in the field reading the book.