Chapter 4 - Voices

Britain POV

I laid in my bed with the certain closed and the door locked, I wanted nothing more than death at that moment.
What I had done.... I didn't even want to think about it.

I covered my ears and tried to fall asleep for the 3th time today as the memory forced its way in my head.

-Flashback-

Third person POV

Britain looked up at his house not far from the outskirts of the woods where he had just came from. He giggled, wiping his teary eyes once again and began stumbling towards the large house, silently hoping that no one would see him in his bloodied state. The sky was gray and it looked as though it could rain, the perfect description of what the boy was feeling at that moment.
Stumbling like a lost toddler, he stopped once he noticed the small river that divided the woods and his backyard suddenly realizing how his legs felt like Jell-O and his vision would move in and out of focus almost as if he was drunk. "Oh damn..." He whispered talking a look at his arm as it blurred and zipped out of focus.

Chuckling a little, he tried to slowly move across the rock bridge, placed over the river. One foot, then another but as he thought, he slipped and fell face first into the rushing water, staying like that for a while.
Blowing bubbles in the water, he then on all fours, crawled across the river in a fit of giggles. "W-What's.... going on....with me" He said between laughter. For some odd reason, everything was funny and he just couldn't stop the laughs from escaping.
As it died down, he continued his stumbling towards his home once more.

Once he pulled his way to one of the closer tan stoned walls, he looked in the window not far from where he was and walked over. 'Be a good window and please dont be locked!' he thought. Pulling it open with a click, his eyes became stars, "YAY!-" His hand went into the air, quickly making him lose balance and proceeding to wall into the room, landing on the floor with a large thump.
"Owie..." He whined soon trying to pull himself up but failing when his left arm landed on the floor. He let out a wince of pain at the touch. "Oh yeah, I did get a booboo didn't I?!" The shock of his previous bullet wound coming onto him.

"Hehe... Booboo is a funny word.... IS THAT EVEN A WORD?!!?" He gasped putting his hands on his still wet cheeks in disbelief, staying on the floor. "Now that I think about it.... What is life-"
"Where the hell were you all night!"
A voice shouted across the room making the delirious male look towards the source with a frown. "Why are you so loud?" Britain said putting his hands on his ears to stop the noise of the loud continent.

Pangaea sighed, running her hands through her thick green curls. "Are you drunk or something?! What did I tell you about-" she stopped upon seeing the red that covered the boy from head to toe. "A-are you okay!"
The woman panicked, running over and holding the boy in her arms despite his wet clothes. "What happened, did someone attack you! Did-"
A bloody finger made its way to her face, stopping her from speaking as Britain started to play with her hair. "Don't worry it's not mine..." He giggled still moving the tight curls between his wet hands.

Pangaea felt her heart stop at what he had just told her. "T-then.... Who-"
"Shhhhh sh sh shhhhhh!" He hushed her, "I'm sleepy now, take me too my room!" You could hear the cheer in his voice as he raised his hand like a child, not grasping the situation he was in. "N-No! Britain who's blood is this?!" Pangaea began to grow impatient and fearful at her nephew's replies. He stopped his child-like acting and looked up at her. The world seemed to stop as she gazed into his eyes, not seeing the usual snarky and mischievous look of the child.

But instead seeing a cold and dark abyss of death that was momentarily acting upon him.

Something changed...