Chapter 12 - Puppets

Had to break this chapter up, it's too long 😣

———————

France POV

The voices of my friends made their way to my ears as we walked down the brightly lit corridor of school; I didn't know what they were saying as I had tuned out a while ago, the screaming thoughts of my mind making it impossible to focus on anything other than what my father wanted me to do.
"-and thats why I don't really like cheeses" Polska finished talking to me even though I wasn't paying attention.

He had a large bandage on his temple from yesterday as well as parts of his wings that were bound with medical tape or other bandages. His right wing twitched in pain and he let out a low groan. "You okay?" I asked quietly, making sure the others didn't hear. "I'm fine..." He said just as quiet back. I knew how much he hated his weakness or pain to be shown. "My right wing is in a bit of pain but it should fade soon" I nodded in response.

"...What did your father say?" He looked at me but I didn't look back. "Don't worry about it" A flash of confusion ran across his face at my quick dismissal of his questions, but he didn't pry.
We turned the corner and walked through the girls classroom hallways. Some of them stared at us and others ran past to get where they needed to be.
"Oh my gosh Polska, what happened?" A girl walking past us asked. Noticing the annoyed movement of Polskas wings, I decided to interrupt. "Nothing of your concern, get to class" Me speaking so suddenly made her flinch but she didn't seem to get the hint.

"Oh? But it looks really bad, you should tell a teacher is someone-
"Get to class woman!" Spain shouted, causing her to squeak and run off; other girls in the area made sure to move out of our way as well.
Spain let out a sigh, "This is why women don't need schooling, they get to bold" He rolled his eyes as a deep sense of anger was struck within me "...Let's go or we'll be late" I continued walking not looking back. I knew they would follow me anyway.

Upon entering the class, most of the students were there. Some talking to their friends and some taking a quick nap before class. I looked around and noticed that only the Asian boy was in his seat; none of his pathetic friends were with him surprisingly, well not that surprising. We did beat them up pretty good yesterday.

"Look who it is, all alone..." I walked over to him noticing how quickly he put his head down. I slammed my hand down on his desk. "How's that head of yours feel today?" Leaning in close to him, I felt a sense of power at the sight of his light shaking.

"Please just leave me alone, I do not wish to annoy you in any way I-"
"Too late dipshit" Polska joined the conversation with a smirk on his face. I noticed that everyone in class was looking at us now, they were waiting for a show, and like the good 'boy' I am, I wasn't going to disappoint. "How about you tell us where your friends are?" I asked with venom; more importantly, I was looking for Britain. "I- I don't kno- AH!" I gripped his ponytail and tiled his head back until he looked right at me. "Where. Are. They." My tone was dark letting him know I was in no mood to fuck around.

"Please let me go" His fearful weak voice was interrupted by that of my teacher, "France!" Rome warned, walking to the front of the class from the door. I glared at him and reluctantly let go of the Asians hair, pushing him in the process. "Sorry Rome~" I sang song, slowly walking back to my seat and signaling Polska to do the same. Rome looked at the Asian with a look of pity that quickly hardened. "Japanese empire" He started getting the asians attention, "Next time defend yourself; self defense is nature's eldest law" He states going back to his clipboard.

"Has anyone seen Soviet Union, Britain, and Third Reich?" Rome asked only to receive silence from the class and the slight sniffles of the Asian seated a few rows behind me. "Oh my god are you kidding me right now" Kemet lightly whispered next to me at the weakness shown by the kid. "I know right"
Looking back at him, he was biting his lip, seemingly trying to keep his sobs quiet as small tears made there way from his dark eyes....