Chapter 11 - Im not a Boy!

Present day——

Britain POV
Mom let go of my hand and held her face as her tears took over. "I- I'm sorry! I'm so sorry" She started sobbing uncontrollably. I became worried and pat her back "You couldn't have known, why are you crying?"
"Because the tea is getting cold!" She started to giggle through her tears. A flash of confusion and concern was shown on Soviets face when he glanced at me. 'Sorry' I mouthed to him. It was known throughout the castle that Mother could be a little 'Mad' sometimes. "Oh dear me I'm sorry children, what did you want to know again" She whipped her tears and took a sip of her long cold tea.

"Do you know anything about the man, what he did to me exactly?"

"Hmmm, nope"
"Mother are you sure?"
"Ya, he wouldn't even tell me anyway"

I sighed, "Alright then, thank you for your time mother. Sorry for taking away your tea time" I got up and looked at Soviet, asking him to follow. "Thank you" He smiled at her and began to get up as well. "Alright then, Oh uh maybe you coul-" she was cut off by a fit of coughs that made her drop her tea cup, shattering upon contact with the floor.
She covered her mouth, her coughing racking her body. "Mom!?" I got by her side and patted her back but her coughing didn't stop.

Panic started to set through me. "Soviet call the guards!" I ushered him. Soviet stated at me in shock and flinched when her coughing turned into chocking. "Soviet!" He gasped and caught his focus again. "S-Sorry, I'll go" Soviet ran to the door but stoped when mom spoke through her coughing fit. "Nono... it's not that... b-big a deal... I'm sorry to...worry you" She let out small giggles through her coughing.

"Mother this isn't okay, are you ill?!" I was worried for her. "Nono I'm not, it's just a little cough is all" Her smile remained bright. "...okay then"
"Oh, I was saying, why not check your fathers old office quarters. He might have written something about it, you should look around"
Rubbing my neck, I pouted, not believing my mom fully.

"sure"

———————

??? POV

I let out a deep sigh as I stared at the setting sun. Sitting on a chair at the balcony of my room, thinking. Though, I'm not sure what about. Am I angry for what happened in school, am I happy?Scared? I don't know really.
In the distance I heard a banging knock on my bedroom door, followed by the door opening.

"France!"

"Here Papa!"

His heavy footsteps made their way to me, prompting me to stand in his presence. I turned to him, keeping my head low as a way of showing respect. "Why were you late from school" He asked me, I waited until I was sure he was done to answer. "My friends and I attacked Third Reich after school, he disrespected me.
Britain and Soviet Union ended up getting involved" Lying wasn't an option here. Looking up slightly, I saw the strong Country staring down at me with a stern look. "What is this" His hand made it's way to my cheek making me flinch at the sting of his touch.

Slowly he took off the bandage as if I were the most fragile thing in the world. "Someone hurt you?" He asked making me nod my head slightly. "...and you let them you fool!" In a flash his gentle voice was gone and replaced with a low deadly tone of voice. "I-I'm sorry I-"
"Is that a stutter in your voice I hear? For gods sake you cant even get a thought out!" He turned away from me, "Did you teach that German boy a lesson?" He spoke with hatred at the word 'German'.
"Yes, I believe so. I knocked his friend out in front of him and made him watch as I beat up Britain."

I was trying my hardest to put this story in a way he would like it to be. Leaving out the other parts. "Then how did they have a chance to hit you?" My father didn't turn towards me, right now I wasn't even worthy of being in his sight at the moment.
"..." I hesitated to answer
"Answer the question boy"

There's that word again

"I wasn't paying attention and Soviet Union had the chance to attack me. He did this. Unfortunately a teacher showed up before I could get even with him."

Silence...

Feeling the disappointment in the atmosphere, I tried to save my answer. "B-but I will catch him alone tomo-"

I was silenced when his hand was put in the air demanding I hush. I noticed his other hand was clinched into a tight fist, the grip making his leather gloves squeak. "You stupid child!"
He quickly turned around to face me, bringing his hand up and smacking it down on my already stinging cheek. The force making me want to cry but I held it in.

"When someone disrespects you, they disrespect your entire family. You. do. not. let. them. live"
My lip quivered making me bite it to hide it as best as I could, was he really suggested what I think he is.
"It's time you stopped being soft and start getting into your true nature as the hare to my throne"

I griped my hands to try and distract myself from fear, "What do you suppose I do!" I hoped he wouldn't answer but then again we can't all have what we hope for.
"I want you to kill Britain-"
"What why?!"
I was met with another smack to the face making me trip this time, "You do not interrupt me boy!" He screamed at me. I felt tears in my eyes but quickly wiped them away, "Why must I do that father!"
He smirked at me. "As the hare and soon to be King, it is your vow to make the future of the French bright, and what way to do so then by taking out the next ruler of our most rivaled kingdom. The British!"

His eyes twitched in a look I can only describe as murderous. "B-But Third Reich was the one that-
"They are close friends are they not, killing ones loved ones is a far better form of torture than hurting the person themselves." He slowly walked towards my bedroom door to leave, "You will do as I say boy, or you might just end up like that failed mother of yours."

And with that, he left me alone

The tears didn't stop as the darkness slowly creeped up on me again. I have to do what now, hurting someone is one thing but to...

Kill

"I couldn't, it's inhuman!"

In a fit of rage and sadness I ripped off my shirt and threw it away, unwrapping the bandages on my chest.

"And I am not a boy!"