Chapter 40 ~ Without you

"You'll have to kill me if you want to take him away from me."

He stared at me for a moment, a rollercoaster of emotions in his eyes.
"I will kill you. Without a doubt."

"I see. Thank you so much for your honesty."
"My daughter please be quiet."
"No granny. No more. I have my dignity too. I can't stay with you."

I got up from the floor, walking towards Zayn.
"I guess the only reason you kept me with you was to give you a son. He'd be able to take over your emphire."

I placed Valentino in his arms.
"There you go. Your. Son." I gulped, it was hard for me to say those words.

"You can have him. Hopefully I'll find someone else who can give me happines and a child. Someone who won't leave me for their ex."

"I already told you Jasmine. She is nothing to me." I smiled painfully.

"I know where this is leading to. She's your ex but than all of sudden you'll start to get feelings for her. And the next moment, you'll kick me out for her. Guess I was always a second option for you."

"Don't talk bullshit. You were never an option to me. You have always been a priority to me."

"According to your actions, that's not the case. You slapped me today. But if it happens once, it'll happen more often. I won't tolerate that."

"Jasmine my daughter..stop." Granny sniffed.
"No granny. Zayn Matteo. From this exact moment, the both of us will lead our separte lives. You can go and be with whomever you want, and so can I. But remember, if you don't take care of my son, then I won't hesitate to-"

"To what? Listen Jasmine. You are getting all emotional now, saying things you don't mean. I'll warn you beforehand. Every man you try to get somenting with will be dead.
At. That. Goddamn. Moment." He hissed as he raised his finger.

"We'll see."
I turned around and gave granny a hug.
"I love you granny, I'll always love you."
"Jasmine please, stay here don't go. He's crazy, he loves you a lot but the anger is making him say things."
"I can't heal him granny, I can't. I'm sorry."

I looked at Valentino as I stroked his cheeks.
"Forgive me little one. I love you, I love you so much." I bended to kiss him on his cheek. My tears fell down on his face, they made their way slowly towards Zayn's hand.

I glanced at Zayn for a short moment. Nothing, his stare was dead. His eyes were dead. Just like the Zayn who brought me here in the beginning.

I walked away towards the door.

"Jasmine don't go my daughter. It's winter. You'll freeze to death!"
"I don't mind. Granny take care of Valentino." My voice cracked.

"I will." She cried. "Take your coat pl-"
"No granny. I won't take anything with me."
"How are you going? Where are you going? There's a snowstorm coming!" She cried.

"I don't know granny." I waved at her, and at that moment Zayn turned around, holding Valentino in such a way that his face was towards me.

Bye my child, I love you.

I walked out of the door as I cried hard. Even the guards were looking at me. However, no one dared to say something.

I made my way out of the gate. A long road with trees on each side appeared. My sight was blurry due to the tears. And they didn't plan to stop. Why are you like this Zayn? Why did you change this much? You loved me but this isn't love.

All the memories that I had with him, kept appearing. Only to make me cry harder. I fell down on the road as I cried looking up into the sky. Little snow flakes fell on my cheeks, cooling them down.