Chapter 26 ~ Forgive me

"Because I f*cking love her you idiot!"

Shit.

A huge grin appeared on James face.
"Dude! Finally! How on earth did that sentece take you so long? Damn Zayn, you're playing hard to get aren't you?" He said teasing me.

I chuckled in disbelief as I caressed my temple.

James was my right hand man after all. I wouldn't succeed to keep this from him anyway.

He walked towards me as he playfully slapped me on my arm. "Hmm our little Zayn is in love."

"James please, stop it."
"Hahahaha okay okay. But hey Zayn there's one thing that I don't get." - "And that is?"

"Why did you let her leave when you actually love her?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

I sighed. "I..I'm not sure, It's just. You know I have been hurting her for a long time. You yourself said that a few minutes ago. I think she deserves someone better. Someome who can really love her."

"So you'd give her to someone else? Is that how much you love her?" -"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that, wouldn't you mind to see her holding hands with another man? Wouldn't it bother you to see her kissing someone else?"

My blood started to boil.

"Wouldn't you be hurt if you saw her making out with another man? Wouldn't you m.." - "Stop it!" I panted as I punched the wall with my fist.

"There you go. You will never ever be able to let her go with another man. So don't waste your f*cking time and tell her already. Tell her before it's too late."

"James! Stop it!"
"No, you stop it! Stop wasting you time!"

I tried to control my anger by breathing in and out slowly. Damn it, he is right. Who on earth am I trying to fool? I have to find her. I have to bring her back. I can't see her with another man. Never.

"So you're letting her go with another man?" He asked.
"Over my dead body." I stated.
"That's ma boyyy!" He shrieked
"Please James don't be so childish." I said clearly annoyed.

He raised his hands in defence. "Hey hey I'm just trying to help."

"I'm going."
"To find Jasmine?"
"No shit. Of course."

"We've already been there, she wasn't there."
"I don't care. I need to inspect the place as well."
"Hmm as you wish. But I'm coming with you."
"No need."
"Well heck yeah I'm coming too."

As we walked outside I saw an old man running towards me, kneeling down in front of me.

"I'm s..sorry mister. It wasn't my intention to let her jump out of the car. I really didn't know she would jump. If I knew it I'd stop the car. I..."

"Wait, wait." I said as I raised my hand to let him know to stop talking.

"Are you the driver?" I asked.
"Yes mister."
I nodded. "What's your name?"
"Silas mister." He replied as his voice trembled.

"Silas get up." I commanded.
He got up, his eyes focussed on the ground. As I reached out with my hand to let it rest on his shoulder, he flinched.

"Silas don't be scared. I won't do you anything. But can you tell me who did this to your face?" I asked as I pointed at the bruises on his face.

He gulped as he turned his back to me pointing his finger towards one of my men.
"H..he mister, he did it."

I looked at the one who had beaten Silas.

Beat him. Beat him Zayn. Beat him.

The devil was back. I gritted my teeth to stay in control.