Chapter 19 ~ The truth

The sound of a gun loading made me wake up.
Opening my eyes slowly, scared of where this sound came from.
Zayn was standing in front the drawer with his back towards me. He was all dressed up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
He turned towards me, his face dead serious.
"Did you already forget what I told you yesterday night?"
"Yesterday night? Aah that, ye-yes I remember"
"If you want to go with me then get up, I don't have all day."

Geez he's not in a good mood today.
I got up and quickly wore some clothes.
"I'm ready."
"You sure you wanna go with me?"
"Yes, I want to confront him myself, even though my mom won't believe me"

"What do you mean?" He walked closer standing a few inches away from me.
"My mom never believed what my step father did to me. She always accused me of seducing him. Like why on earth would I seduce an old man?"
He poked his inner cheek with his tongue and nodded.

"Anything else?"
"Ye-yes, my mom believes that I've killed my dad." Tears we welling up in my eyes. Those damn tears.
"Then I'll give your mom a surprise today."

"What do you mean?"
"Just wait and watch."
I panicked. "Do you know who has ki-killed my dad?"
His eyes were piercing my mine.
He nodded.

My eyes widenend. Does this mean that he already knew from the beginning who had killed my father? I screamed and fell to the ground, the horrible scene of my father lying in a pool of blood didn't leave my mind.

"Aaah!"
"Jasmine! Calm down damn it!" He kneeled beside me taking my face in his hands.
"Noo! You knew from the beginning who it was, wh-why didn't you tell me Zayn, why?"
"What would be the benefit if I had told you?'
"I-I would have killed him with my own hands!"

He chuckled.
"Crazy girl, do you even think you make a chance?"
"Yes! Of course, why not!"
"Don't shout!"
He grabbed me face a bit harder.
"Listen carefully and don't interrupt me," he said sternly.

"I didn't do this all on purpose. This person who has killed your father is a big mafia boss. If you would go to him now, he will cut your body into pieces. What would you achieve with that? Your dad and I had a good bond with each other. So killing this mafia boss is something I'm just as impatient for as you are. So calm the f*ck down and don't ruin my plan." He hissed.

"If you ruin this jasmine then I'll kill you, understand?! I worked on this for a few years so don't you dare doing something that will cause problems for me, do you get me?"

"Bu.."
"Shut up, and get up." He said with zero emotion.
I had so many questions, but I couldn't ask him. He wouldn't listen to me anyways. All of this is so bizzare, things just doesn't make any sense.

I wiped my tears and got up.
"I'm ready." I mumbeled.
"You're not."
He turned towards me holding a bulletproof vest.
"I don't need that."
"I didn't ask you for your permission," he said rudely as he approched me.

He pulled my hoody in ons go up leaving me speechless.
"Zayn stop what are you doing!"
"Shut your damn mouth for a second," he hissed.
When he was done he pulled my hoody back.

"Stay close to me and don't try something stupid without my permission, am I clear?"
I nodded.
"Let's go then."

He walked in front of me, if that was even walking cuz I was basically running behind him. When we reached the car I saw some of his men getting in cars. What, are they all going there?

Zayn opened the door for me and pointed to get in. I got in and he walked towards the drivers seat. After he got in he started the car and drove away.

"Do you know where my step father lives?"
He looked at me as if I had asked the most stupid question.
"No I'm just driving here because I have too much time," he said with a sarcastic tone.