Chapter 10 ~ Punishment

The sound of his gun echoed in the woods. Birds flew away from their nests in fear. After that there was nothing but silence. I waited for the pain I should feel. The bullet would now have pierced my head. "Are you crazy! Have you forgotten your promise Zayn?" I opened my eyes slowly. His bullet didn't hit me, but a tree right behind me. James stood in front of Zayn and looked shocked. "Are you out of your mind? You are lucky that I was quick, because otherwise.."

He didn't finish his sentence. I looked surprised and anxious from one to the other. "James don't you dare to tell me what to do. This is your first and last warning, understood?" James nodded. He focused his eyes on me.
"Don't think that it'll end here. James put her in the car." No not again that prison. I don't want to go there. The days that I've spent there were ridiculous.

"No Zayn please I don't want to go there. Please let me go. I won't appear in front of you again, please let me go." My words hadn't effect on him. "James now!" I screamed, I screamed out in the hope that someone would hear me. "Is someone here please help me please help me I have been kidnapped. Ple..."
"Shut up or I'll make sure that this bullet won't miss your damn head this time," hissed Zayn. He grabbed my arm and dragged me along.

"Stop stop it hurts. My legs are broken stop, I can't walk." I fell on the ground. He didn't stop and kept walking. James picked me up and carried me to the car. "You're in big trouble," he whispered. We were driving for almost four hours. It made me kinda proud because I have walked that much with my broken legs. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize we had arrived. A guard opened my door and put me roughly out of the car.
"What... what are they doing?"

My heart was racing. What is he up to? There were three guards and all of them were kneeling down on the ground. They had been beaten cuz there faces were full of bruises. Two other guards carried someone outside and put this person roughly on the ground. Only a little sob could be heard. I tried to focus on this person, no this can't be true. It was the maid that helped me that day. She had been beaten badly. Tears rolled down her cheeks and her face, let's not talk about her face. She also knelt besides the others. They all looked down.

"Hey you two, bring her here," said Zayn. The two guards walked towards me and carried me to him. I fell down in front of him. "Jasmine let me show you what I meant by my warnings as they weren't clear for you." He knelt besides me and I tried to sit which wasn't easy. "You'll like it believe me." I shivered when he whispered in my ear.

He stood up while he reloaded his gun. "No No Zayn No!" I was screaming. He pointed the gun on the guards and fired. The bullet hit the guard right in his chest. He was moaning in pain as he fell on the ground. The blood quickly spread across the ground. I kept screaming while my tears didn't stop flowing. "Please help him please don't do this!" He fired again and again. This time both of the other guards were shot and both of them fell on the ground. There was only blood and it kept spreading.

"Did you like it princess?"
"Please stop please stop."
"No baby I won't stop this easily."
He pointed his gun on the maid. "Nooo!" I tried to get up om my feet with all the power that I had. The pain was unbearable but I managed to get to her. I fell in front of her and looked in her eyes. They were red from crying.

"Please forgive me." She only looked at me as her lips were trembling.
"I won't let him hurt you anymore."
A little hope appeared in her eyes.
I turned around and knelt in front of her as I spread my arms.
"Kill me instead of her. I tricked her, it wasn't her fault. Take my life instead and stop killing innocent people. Take my life I don't have any reason to live. Shoot me Zayn, I know you want me to die! Pull that damn trigger you asshole!"

He looked furious and surprised by my sudden heroism.
"What did you call me?"
"An asshole, you're a damn asshole.
I fucking hate you, you ruined my life in these few weeks. You're a fucking asshole did you hear me!"
He fired and fired. I felt the bullets passing next to me. He kept firing and didn't stop. All the bullets were close tome, butt they didn't hit me. I knew there was a secret behind all of this. That promise they talked about, I know it has to do with me. He won't kill me, at least not for now.