Chapter 21 ~ Broken Soul

"I think you have to confess something, are you probably in love with me baby?"

I pulled back and muttered, "n..no, why would you think that?"
"Because of your behaviour."
My heart was pounding, "No I'm not in love with you."

He clenched his jaw and walked towards me.
"So you're not on love with me huh?"
"I'm not in love with you," I answered while walking backwards. Unfortunatly I hit the wall, and as I tried to turn to the right, he imprisoned me with his arms.

"Just like a prey," he smirked.
"Zayn why are you doing this? I told you already, I'm not in love with you."

"You know jasmine," he lowered to be on my level, his face a few inches away from mine, "there are a few people on this earth that I detest the most and do you know whom they are?"

Why is he asking me these kind of questions all of a sudden?
"No, I don't know."
"Betrayers but the ones I hate the most are," he paused for a brief moment, "Iiars."
I gulped, I wasn't lying right? Or was I? Damn it I'm confused myself.

"And you darling are an awful liar," he said emphasizing the word liar. His eyes turned dark and his face was again bloody serious. I saw the vein in his neck popping up. He didn't look like the caring Zayn from a few moments ago.

The devil was back, the merciless devil I had to take care of. But how on earth am I gonna heal this boss when he turns like this in just a split of a second? Will I even succeed or do I need to run away again?

He banged his hands agains the wall.
"Fucking listen to me jasmine," he hissed.
"I am warning you, don't you ever fall in love with me, am I clear?"
"Why?"
"We are not the same, and never will be."

The anger build up in me.
"Why did you marry me when you won't even love me?" - "You know the answer."
"Because of my dad only?"
He nodded.

"I told you already, I can take care of myself, I don't need you. You didn't have to marry me for  such a reason." You could clearly hear that I was dissapointed and angry.

"Yeah sure you can fight a whole mafia."
"I will move to another country if needed."
"You are fucking dump! Every mafia has their people in almost every country. You don't make a fucking chance."

"Then be it so! I live here in a prison with you. The moment I think that you care about me and that you will love me, I get stabbed in the back by the devil! Why are you kissing me all the time huh? Was that all for the show?"
I didn't notice that I was grabbing his colar cuz he grabbed both of my hands holding them thight.

"I will never ever love a girl like you. Do you fucking understand me?" He said while the vein in his neck was almost bursting open.
Ouch that hit me hard, tears were slowly welling up in my eyes.

"I own you Jasmine, you are mine. But I will never ever love you, nor will I give you the love of a husband so don't fool yourself."
"And all those kisses? And why did you say you'd give your life for me if needed to protect me?" I was all a mess now.

He backed up a bit and chuchled sarcastic.
"As for protecting you, that's a promise I made with your father and Zayn Matteo never breaks a promise he makes. As for the kisses, you are stupid that's the only thing I can say," he said mockingly.

"So it was all just f..fake?"
"Yes. You honey needed to be tamed and I guess my plan worked."
"Tamed?" I felt the color draining out of my face. Was this all a game he played with me?

He leaned down to be on my level.
"I can get way prettier women if I want, you honey are just a poor girl I have to take care of because of a promise that I made. And unfortunatly you are my wife."