Chapter 48 ~ Untold feelings

"What did you do Evelina, who are you?"

My hand shaked, what is happening? How did Zayn end up here in this place, and why can't he remember me? But why did he respond to my touch a few moment ago?

Why are these medicines all for Zayn, why? I need to find out what these are for. But how, there was litterly nothing written on it except 'Delmar Ramirez'.

Think Jasmine think!

There were footsteps in the hallway and I knew I would be catched if I didn't act quick.

I opened all of the bottles and put one of each medicine in my pocket. Just as I closed the drawer, Evelina showed up in the doorway.

"H-hello Mrs Ramirez." Why am I stuttering, come on Jasmine this woman stole your husband and you are behaving this weak.

"Hi, I wanted to tell you something," she began as she gave me a smile. A smile that I wasn't able to return.

"Yes?"

"I'd like to apologize about my husbands rude behavior yesterday, actually he is kind but I'm not sure what happened to him yesterday." Your husband, pfff.

"It's okay, not a big deal. If you don't mind I'll clean your room."

"Ah no, it's okay, our room is already clean, you can leave and help in the kitchen." I nodded, walking away.

As I made my way through the hallway I tried to remain calm. These medicines, I need to know what these are for and I need to get away from this mansion as soon as possible to do so.

But how? This man will kill me at the spot.

Stop thinking for now Jasmine and go to the kitchen. You will find a way. Now that you have found him after such a long time, you'll find a way for this as well.

There were two maids in the kitchen when I came there. Both busy doing there work and not noticing me.

I cleared my throat making them look at me seriously. Why is everyone so kind here?

"What?" One of them asked. Her tight bun making her more strict than she already appeared.

"Mrs Ramirez told me to help in the kitchen." She nodded.

"Take those plates and the tablewere to the table in the room next to the kitchen."

I nodded. Okay, this is an easy task I can do this. As I moved everything to the room next to kitchen I was still thinking about the medicines. How do I find a way?

The only way for me to get out of this mansion is to go with Zayn himself. He needs to take me with him, there is no other save option. Ah wait! I got an idea.

I walked back to the two maids in the kitchen. "Uhm excuse me, do you know when mr Ramirez will be home?"

The both of them frowned at me. "Why do you want to know that?" The one with the tight bun asked.

"Because I need to ask him something." Isn't that abvious.

"I don't know. Most of the times he's home by 6pm, but it differs."

"Thank you," I replied. 6pm, I will ask it him instead of taking risks.

The rest of the day I did some other chores in the mansion. Every corner made me nauseous because it reminded me of who the owners were here. At the same time I was feeling anger, anger that Zayn didn't recognize me.

Zayn arrived exactly at 6pm with another old man. Wait, haven't I seen this old man somewhere? He appeared to be someone I had seen before, however I couldn't place it. The few grey hairs he had left on his head, made him look like a strict person. His eyes were dark, and so were the circles under his eyes. Ruthless was the word that fitted him the most by only looking at him.