Malia Tate

" How do you feel about marriage? " Asked Malia softly as she played with my green colored t-shirt.

" Why are you asking? " I questioned as I rubbed her soft arms. The scent of her strawberry scented perfume made me dizzy. The smell was so sweet that I had zoned out for awhile.

" I'm just wondering " She answered me quietly.

" Marriage is just a piece of paper, it can't say how much you love a person. How you respect each other. It just shows that you belong to each other by law and by the government."

" There's so much more to love than marriage. Just because you don't sign a piece of paper doesn't mean you don't devote yourself to them. "

" So you think that marriage is a waste of time? " She questioned me, I could hear the confusion and sadness that was laced around her words.

" No, that's not what I meant! What I was saying was that a piece of paper shouldn't define your relationship. "

" And besides 2 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. So what the point? To spend all the time, energy, money and so forth just to get divorced? It's not worth it "

" So you would never consider getting married then? To anyone? "
I could tell that the more I talked the more I hurted her. She sat up from my chest and turned her back to me.

" I'm sorry Malia! I didn't mean to hurt you! " I said and put my had on her shoulder. I squeezed her shoulder softly and she tensed.

" So, you wouldn't marry me then? So you don't want us to last forever? "
She said and I could hear her holding in tears.

" Of course I want forever with you! That's everything I want "
I answered back to her, I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her back.

" But you won't marry me? "
She whispered out, I don't think she intended me to hear it.

I quickly pulled my arms away and stood up from the bed. I walked into the bathroom and started to rummage through the drawers. I finally wound the thing I was looking for.

My Grandmas old wedding ring. I picked it up and walked back outside to Malia. I placed myself in front of her and went down on one knee.

" I do want to marry you Malia, even tho I absolutely hate the idea of marriage. You would be the only one I would go through it for. And I'm not gonna deprive you of your dream "

" Will you marry me Malia? "
I asked her and more tears started flowing down her already wet cheeks. Her face had turned bright pink and a small smile was hidden on her face.

" Are you sure? "
She questioned me.

" Yes, but only for you! "
I said and looked into her beautiful eyes.

" Then, yes! I will marry you ! "
She said with an exited voice.

I put the ring on her finger and she jumped up at me and gave me a big hug.

I still hate the idea of marriage, but I wanted forever with her. So that what was we were gonna do, spend forever together.