ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 27

Published 1/18/21

Luca's POV

I surprised myself when I pulled Ann into a hug and consoled her. Every part of my being wanted to comfort her as well as kill Marco for assaulting her. The feeling of rage subsided when she was in my arms. Her body quavered accompanied by a sob occasionally. We stayed in the hallway before I decided to take Ann elsewhere.

I placed my hands under her legs and picked her up. Her head laying against my chest. She didn't say a word, only clutched at my tunic. She is too in shock to notice my movement. I walk to the study, so no one would see my behavior toward a servant.

Once I was in the study and closed the door behind me, I placed Ann in a chair by the fireplace. I took this moment to look at the state she was in. Her hair was disheveled. Her dress was ripped and she pulled the cape closer to cover herself. I gently pushed back her hair to look at her face. She was looking down, her eyes red and puffy. I gently pulled her chin up, her eyes slowly meeting mine. I stared at her and gave her a small smile. I felt like I was staring at the shell of a girl. Her gaze was lifeless.

I started to become enraged again at that thought if I did not hear the scream echoing throughout the hall, Marco would have continued to force himself on her. My blood began to boil.

I decided to have her stay with me for the night in the study.

"Get some rest," I say softly.

I walk over to my desk and sit down in the chair. I stare at her. Her features being illuminated by the fire. I watch as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

I awake to see that the sun was about to rise. The fire had died, so it wasn't providing any warmth. Ann was curled in a ball in the chair. I get up from my seat and walk over to the fireplace. I kneel in front of it and light it. Once lit, I look over to Ann, peacefully sleeping. I kneel beside her and I feel an urge to caress her cheek again like I did many nights ago. My fingers slowly caress her cheek, her soft, smooth skin beneath my fingers.

She stirs awake and her eyes flutter open

She stirs awake and her eyes flutter open. She stares at me with wide eyes. She opens her mouth to speak.

"Shh, you've had a rough day yesterday. Rest." I urged.

She stares at me blankly and nods her head. I smiled at her and patted her knee before walking away.

"Thank you...Luca," I hear her say. My heart swells at the sound of her voice saying my name. I turn around and bow my head. "You're welcome."

"How are you feeling?" I ask looking up from my papers.

She doesn't answer, only casting her eyes down to the floor. "Fine, just still shaken up I suppose," she finally says. I get up and walk to her. I kneel before her.

"I must confess something," I start. She looks at me with her lips slightly parted. "I know this not the time for it, but I must say it. I am sorry for everything that happened!" I say this with genuine sincerity. I take her hand into mine. Her eyes flicker back and forth. I continue, "But, you have bewitched me. I must tell you that...I love you. I never wish to be parted from you. I have always felt the need to protect you but what happened yesterday, I felt like killing Marco when he touched you." She stares at me with shock and her eyes become teary. Her mouth quivered to speak, but no words came out.

"You do not feel the same." I assume.

"No! I-I- you are to be betrothed to another. You cannot love me." She exclaims.

My eyes furrowed with confusion. "Betrothed to another?"

"Yes, Princess Ayla. She told me that you were to propose."

I scoff, "I will not marry that pompous woman. I love you. My heart belonged to you the moment you set foot in the castle. You will be my queen. You are mine just how I am yours." I place my hand on her cheek and she tilts her head into it.

"I cannot, " she says between the tears.

"Why? Tell me you do not feel the same and I will not harp on this any longer." I say. I fear she will reject me.

She takes a deep breath, "I love you, but this cannot happen. I am not fit to be queen. I am a servant."

"Mia Cara(My dear/My darling), You are more fit to be queen than any royal I've met. You are kind and caring. You will make a great queen." I say. I place a kiss on her forehead. I push away but still close. My eyes drop down to her lips and notice hers do the same. I slowly lean in and she follows suit. I close the distance between us. Our lips move in sync. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her flush up against me. The kiss was slow and full of love.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 27

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: It finally happened! They confessed and kissed! What do you think will happen next? I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't forget to vote and comment! I would really appreciate it! Until next time! Ciao!