ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16

Published 6/22/20

Annalise/Ann's POV

I was with Luca in his study when one of Princess Ayla's servants came in.

She bowed, "Sorry to interrupt you, Your Majesty, but the Princess requires your servant's assistance."

Luca looked up at her with furrowed brows,
"Do tell me why Princess Ayla requires my personal servant when she brought hers?"

She shrugged,"I do not know, Your Majesty."

He signed heavily and nodded his head. We both curtsied and I followed her out of the study. On the way to the guest wing, I see Agnesia who gives me a questionable look. I shrug my shoulders and slightly shake my head with creased brows.

We finally arrive at the Princess's room. Upon us entering, I notice she is sitting in front of a mirror while a servant is doing her hair. Others are making her bed and putting together her wardrobe.

She looks at us when we arrive. She gets up from her chair, "Lovely! Now, what do you have to report to me?"

I raise a brow at her question. Servants come over to help her get dressed.

" I'm sorry, but what do you mean?"

She sighs loudly,"What do you have to tell me about the King!?" Servants lift her hair and place a necklace around her neck. She peers at her reflection in the mirror. I realize that she wanted me to report on His Majesty.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, but my answer remains the same. And forgive me if I am rather bold, but it is certainly not my place to tell you about the King."

She waves her hand with a look of disgust on her face. A servant quickly takes it off her and walks by me to place it in a box.

Her nostrils flare, "Fine. If you won't tell me what I wish to know about him, then you may go."

She waves me off.

Later on in the day, Luca and Marco were eating in the great hall. Princess Ayla declined and requested her meal be taken up to her room. Marco was talking about how Princess Ayla danced gracefully and Luca should've danced with her.

Suddenly, Princess Ayla burst through the doors. She was frantic; tears streaming down her face.

"It's been stolen!" She shrieked. Marco rushing to her aid. She sobbed in his chest.

"What has been stolen?" Marco asked while wrapping his arms around her.

"My necklace! It was a gift from my mother. I wore it to the ball. It was in my room this morning!" She continued to sob into Marco's chest.

"Are you talking about the ruby necklace?" Marco inquired. She nodded her head.

"Where did you see it last? Retrace your steps, perhaps your servants misplaced it?" Luca said.

"I wore it to the ball. Took it off and handed it to my servant who placed it in the box. I woke up this morning, tried it on with an outfit and then-" she gasped. Her wide eyes peering at me. She pointed at me," It  was last seen when she entered! SEARCH HER!"

Before I could say anything, guards were at my side.

"Are you saying that my servant stole your necklace?" Luca inquired.

Ayla nodded while commanding the guards to search me again.

"Your Majesty, I would never steal anything!" I pleaded while they were searching me.

"Your Majesty-" one of them said while pulling out the red jeweled necklace from my apron pocket. He gave it to the Princess. Luca stared at me with disbelief.

"I swear I would never! You have to believe me!" I pleaded again. My eyes were starting to get teary.

"Silence, girl! What punishment would suffice? Back home this would call for lashings and be thrown into the dungeon." Ayla arched her brow.

Luca took a breath,"For this crime, you shall receive 15 lashings."

I screamed my pleas while the guards dragged me away.

Guards dragged me out to a wooden pole with metal cuffs. All servants were instructed to watch my lashing as a warning. I was cuffed to the pole. A guard ripped the back of my dress open to show my bare back. Tears were still streaming down my face.

"For your petty theft, Annalise will receive 15 lashings on her back." Someone announced.

My heart was pounding in my ears too loud for me to recognize the voice.

I close my eyes, waiting for the first painful lash. The moment it hit my back, I arched my back and shrieked up to the sky. By the 5th lash, my back was numb. I couldn't feel it anymore. My eyes started to feel heavy and black dots clouded my vision. When the last lash came, I finally succumb to the darkness.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝒪𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒:)

No translations for this chapter!

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: Why do you think Ayla did that to Ann!? Jealousy? Envy? Would love to hear your thoughts! Don't be shy! Anyway See you next Monday! :)