ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 24

Published 12/7/20

Annalise/Ann's POV

"Unbelievable!" Agnesia replied. We were in the kitchen, getting ready for the day. Agnesia was kneading the dough while the others were polishing the silver. I told Agnesia of my new duty to be Prince Marco's servant while he is visiting.

"All the more reason to be careful, my child." Agnola started. "I do not want to see you end up with his seed in your womb." She arched her eyebrow as she said sternly. My eyes grew wide at her statement. "Agnola!" I said completely bewildered.

"What are you ladies talking about?" Matteo enters the kitchen. He grabs an apple from the table and bites Into it. "About how Annalise is Prince Marco's servant and how she is to be careful not to have his seed swell her belly." Agnesia says nonchalant. Matteo arched his brow,"Ah, well then, if he tries something, tell me and I shall pierce him through." I roll my eyes at them. I thought, surely that won't happen, right?

I was outside hanging up the princes laundry. The warm summer air started to become chilly. The cool wind nipped at my skin making goosebumps rise on my arms. Summer was ending and fall was about to begin.

As I was doing my chores, I got the feeling that I was being watched. I discreetly looked around and saw no one. I tried to shake the feeling but It continued to make me uneasy. I walked back inside with the dry clothes that belongs to the prince in a basket. Leaving the kitchen, I make my way up the stairs to the main floor to another set of stairs to the guest wing. Once I reached the top, I stared at His Majesty's wing. I sighed, longing to be in his company once again.

I walk to prince Marco's room and I hear laughter erupt in the room, behind the door. I softly sigh and prepare myself for what I might see. I softly knock on the door and I hear his voice call for entry.

I enter and notice another servant girl, pulling the blanket over her chest. It was not my place to reprimand her.

My gaze meets the floor. "I have your clothes, Your Highness." I can see out of the corner of my eye, he shoos the girl away. She quickly grabs her clothes off the floor and runs out the door.

He gets up from the bed and saunters over to me, picking the clothes out of the basket. He starts to put on his clothes as I start to make the bed.

"Join me for a walk in the courtyard." He commands.

"As you wish," I meekly reply.

We make our way to the courtyard. We walk leisurely through the trimmed hedges that started to turn orange. The light wind nipped at my skin once again. I tightly wrap my arms around me to keep me warm. I desperately wish I had my cloak or longer sleeves, I inwardly whine. We walk in silence until Marco notices the King and Princess Ayla walking toward us.

 We walk in silence until Marco notices the King and Princess Ayla walking toward us

"Your Majesty," Marco formally greets Luca with a bow and I follow suit. "Princess," He kisses Ayla's hand. I have not seen the king since I was temporarily relieved of being his servant. The prince normally takes his meals in his room. "What are you doing here? I thought you would be busy with your kingly responsibilities." Marco says.

"He was until I decided to practically force him to spend time with me," Princess Ayla answers with a smile and loops her arm through Luca's. His eyes met mine and we stare at each other for a moment until I drop my gaze.

Marco suggests that they walk together and Ayla agrees. I trail behind them at a distance. After several minutes, Marco lingers back with me. "Well, is that not a lovely sight, don't you think?" Marco asks me while looking at the king and Ayla in front of us with linking arms. The sight made my heart break. She was not a good match for him. And you are? The voice inside my head said.

"Why do you care about what I think?" I softly ask. I hope and pray that this conversation changes. For I fear that if it does not, my emotions might show.

"Well, she might become Queen." He says calmly. That statement made me come to a halt.

He wouldn't propose, he couldn't

He wouldn't propose, he couldn't. He would not settle for her, I thought.

Marco does not seem to notice my stunned expression. He walks over a flower bush that slowly started to wilt. He plucked the most thriving flower he could find and walked over to me.

He tucks a piece of my dark brown hair behind my ear and tucks the flower in place

He tucks a piece of my dark brown hair behind my ear and tucks the flower in place. He slowly trails his fingers from my ear to my chin. He pushes my chin upward to have my eyes meet his. He softly smiles and whispers, "Beautiful."

 I look over to see Luca staring at us with balled fists and raging eyes

I look over to see Luca staring at us with balled fists and raging eyes. Princess Ayla was the opposite. She looked at us with a slight smirk and a mischievous glint in her eyes.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 24

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝐼𝓃 𝑜𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒:)

No translations for this chapter

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: How was chapter 24? I hope you enjoyed it. What do you think will happen next? Who do you think was watching Ann? Don't forget to vote and comment. I would greatly appreciate it. See you next time! Ciao! :)