ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 10

Published 5/11/2o

Annalise/Ann's POV

𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇

𝑅𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓅 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓋𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇

Suddenly, my wrist is grabbed by a calloused hand. I feel my heart drop into my stomach. The king jerks my hand from under my apron. He brings it up to examine it. His nostrils become flared and his eyes turn dark."What happened to your hand?!"

**************************************************************************************

"What happened to your hand?!" His voice boomed. He squeezes my wrist tighter. I yelp at the pain. My free hand trying to unlatch his hand from mine. 

"I will ask again, what.happened.to.your.hand?" He leans in close with a sinister tone. His face inches away from mine. I feel tears prick the edges of my eyes. They start to blur my vision.

I manage to speak, "It was an accident, mio signore (my lord). I merely got distracted while I was peeling potatoes." I quickly say, trying not to whimper. 

"Whom or what distracted you?" He asks in a low tone. I realize that the servant girls never gave me their name, and I never cared to ask them. "I don't know their names, my lord," I shrug.

I hear him sigh, then the chair is violently pushed back; emitting a sharp squeak from the harsh motion. His majesty is towering over me, "Fine, since you don't know, then you will have to point them out." Suddenly, the king is rushing out of the great hall. His hand firmly gripping my upper arm, dragging me along with him.

He leads me through the kitchen corridor. My heart beats rapidly in chest as we approach the kitchen. The operations in the kitchen halt upon us entering into the room. The energy quickly turns to nervousness. Everyone watches us with fearful eyes.

"Point out who it was!" He commanded. My eyes scan the room looking for the two girls. I found them leaning against the wall. "Them there," I point with a shaky finger.

The king beckons them over with his finger. They briskly walk over with their eyes downcast. His forehead furrowed. "So, you're the two that made my chambermaid cut her hand?" He sneers at them, emphasizing the word my. He walks around them predatory like.

Finally, he stands in front of them, silently thinking of a suitable punishment. It was the look he had when he condemned that man when I first arrived here.

After a few moments of silence, he speaks, "I will sentence you both to the dungeon for one week. Meals once a day and you will continue with your normal duties. But if this were to happen again or I hear you harassing my servant, I will not hesitate to sentence both of you to execution. Do you understand?" He asks as he arches his eyebrow. They quickly nod, probably grateful that the king spared their lives this time.

He commands everyone to continue with their work and walks quickly as he came.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 10

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: Sorry that this chapter was so short. I will try to make longer ones in the near future.

Anyway, how was Chapter 10? Hope it was to your liking! Please don't be a silent reader, your feedback would be greatly appreciated! Bye! :)