ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11

Published 5/18/20

Annalise/Ann's POV

As the days go by, the two servant girls haven't spoken a word in my direction at all. I am grateful that I do not have to hear their blather mouths any longer. A messenger handing me a letter for the King interrupts my thoughts. 'His Majesty, King Luca Medici' reads the envelope. I place it on a tray that I am supposed to take to him.

I make my way to the study. Once at the door I knock, "Entra! (Enter!)" His voice calls out.

I enter the study to see the King at his desk, reading papers like usual. I place the tray down in front of him. He picks up the envelope first.

His eyes scan the contents of the letter, then a smirk appears on his lips. "Ann, tell the kitchen servants that Marco, Prince of Aragon, will be joining tonight and will stay with us. Have some servants prepare a room for him in the guest wing." I curtsy and walk out of the study. I wonder who the Prince of Aragon is, I thought to myself.

I enter the kitchen, knowing that some servants would be there. Upon entering the kitchen was frantic like usual. Servants running in and out of the door and Agnola barking out needed ingredients for recipes.

I clear my throat, "Excuse me!" No response and no hint of anyone hearing me. I say it again, this time louder, "EXCUSE ME!" The noise and servants stop and look at me.

"The King informed me that the Prince of Aragon will join us tonight and His Majesty wishes to prepare a room for him in the guest wing." I announce.

Suddenly, the kitchen was frantic once again. I overhear the two servant girls, "Oh my! The prince is returning!" I roll my eyes at their crude comment about the soon to be visiting prince.

I notice Agnesia helping Agnola. "Who is the Prince of Aragon?" I ask Agnesia.

"He is the king's closest friend. He comes to visit every so often. But he is a philander, be careful, he always tries to seduce young servants. He's even had a few ladies. He has quite the reputation." She warns me.

The King eagerly awaits for the arrival of his friend. I hear horse hooves approaching the entrance. The servants open the door as the carriage approaches, ready to grab the prince's trunk.

A servant opens the door of the carriage and a tall man steps out. The servants, including me, bow as he steps out.

Indeed, he was handsome. Not as handsome as the king, I said to myself.

His face was round shaped, which complimented his chiseled jawline. His curly, black hair laid on his forehead perfectly. His Majesty approaches him with open arms. "Luca," Prince Marco says while hugging him. "Marco, how was your trip, dear friend?" The King asks, while leading Marco through the castle doors.

Marco tells him about his trip, even hinting at the women he had been with. Agnesia was right about this man being a philander, I thought.

"Well, you must be hungry from your journey. Come, join me." The King invites Marco into the great hall.

The King and Marco take their seats at the table. I take a plate from a nearby servant and place it in front of His Majesty. Once done, I take my place right beside him.

"I assume this is your new personal servant," Marco inquires while taking a sip of his wine.

"You are correct."

"Well, she is quite beautiful. Such innocence that has yet to be seen." Marco says, while slowly scanning me with his eyes. 'Porco (pig)' I thought. I can't help but shift under his gaze. They talk about Marco's journey here, and I tune them out. Suddenly, the King's face changes to a dark expression. What did Marco say? I thought.

The King shifts his eyes to me for a quick moment. He waves his hand, dismissing me. "Ann, potresti lasciarci (you may leave us)." I bow and leave the room still wondering what Marco had said.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: Another cliff-hanger! Anyways, how was Chapter 11? Please don't be a silent reader, your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for sticking around this long if you continually read my book. Love you all, truly I do. Happy reading! Bye! :)