ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 20

Published 8/16/20

𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇! 𝐸𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎!

Annalise/Ann's POV

It has been a couple weeks since my encounter with Luca in the ballroom that one late evening. Since then when I am with him, he barely glances at me. He is a man that I cannot understand. One minute we have a moment then the next he will not look at me.

My thoughts are interrupted when Agnesia asks me something, but I did not hear her. "What?"

"I asked if you wanted to go to the market with me?"

I nod my head and grab a nearby wicker basket and my cloak. We leave through the kitchen corridor. I feel the crisp air when we pass through the garden and make our way to the gated entrance. We are immediately stopped by the two castle-guards standing there. They cross their pole staffs to halt us passing.

"What is your business for leaving the castle grounds?" One asks.

Agnesia rolls her eyes, "if you must know, we are going to be the market. Agnola needs some ingredients."

They both look at me for confirmation. I move my eyes back and forth with furrowed brows."She is correct. Let us pass."

The guards pull back their pole staff and open the gate. We pass through and continue to the market.

We walk for what feels like forever through the forest. The scent of the earth filled my senses until I smell another scent. It was familiar. It smelled of fresh bread and different kinds of meat.

"We made it!" Agnesia exclaims. The forest opened up to the market. Stalls were lined up along the path. People were selling different things from clothes to fruits and vegetables. Children were running around, trying to see what they can steal.

We were walking by a stall but something glittering in the light caught my eye. I walked up to a jewelry stall to see all kinds of accessories laid out before me. I pick up a ring. It was a gold ring with a octagon cut ruby in the bezel. It was beautiful. I look up to show Agnesia but she was gone.

 I look up to show Agnesia but she was gone

"How much?" I ask the man behind the stall. He had a slender face with a sharp jawline. His brown shaggy hair covers his forehead. He stares at me with his mouth slightly ajar.