ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 29

Published 2/1/21

Luca's POV

I feel anger bubble inside me when I figured out that Princess Ayla tried to poison Ann. A Princess, a person of nobility, tried to do away with a servant just to become Queen. I stare out the window as I wait for Agnola and Agnesia to come back to keep watch of Ann while I handle this situation. I tried to compose myself for the sake of Ann, but I feel that I will erupt at any moment. I ball my hands into fists, trying to steady them.

I take a deep breath as I step away from the window and turn to see Ann peacefully sleeping. I softly smile at the sight of her. Her chest slowly rising and falling. The peaceful sight makes my heart swell with happiness knowing that this girl is going to be my queen and future mother of my heir. This girl has managed to pierce my cold heart. She is my light. My lips graze softly as I kiss her forehead lightly, not trying to wake her.

"Dormi bene, amore mio (sleep well, my love)," I whisper.

I see Agnola and Agnesia enter the chamber. I walk away from the bedside toward the door. "Have Princess Ayla come to the throne room. I have something I wish to discuss with her." I say.

"Yes, sire." One of the servants said and started to walk down the hallway.

I smile wickedly as I walk toward the throne room.

I sit on the throne, waiting for the Princess. I have called some servants to be an audience for this which Ayla does not expect. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the throne room doors open.

"Princess Ayla, Your Majesty." A servant announces.

Princess Ayla enters wearing a red gown followed by her ladies-in-waiting.

My servant's bow as she walks by

My servant's bow as she walks by. I see her eyes shift from one side of the room to the other as she sees servants bow before her. She smiles and holds her head up higher.

She stops before me and curtsies and so does her ladies-in-waiting.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected meeting, Your Majesty?" She asks. Her eyes dart to my empty sides, probably trying to find Ann. Her eyes land back on me and she gives me a large grin.

She thinks Ann is dead and she stands before me as if it were not her doing. I become enraged once again at the thought.

"Yes, Do you know how my servant became poisoned?" I cannot stand to have this woman in my sight any longer.

"Oh, Annalise died? How terrible!" She exclaims with a look of sadness. She places a hand over her heart. The servants in the room gasp and whisper amongst themselves. I know her expression to be false. She looks around the room with a confused face at the servants' reaction. I get up from the throne slowly and stalk over to her.

"I did not say it was Ann had died," I whisper darkly. Her face falls when she realizes what she just said. "Let me ask you again, why did you try to kill her?" She stays silent. "WHY?!" My voice echoes throughout the room. She flinches back.

"I wanted to be yours! I wanted to become the Queen! I wanted your attention. When I saw you were taken with her, I wanted to end her life so you would finally look at me!" She exclaims. Her eyes were becoming teary.

I lean down close to her ear, "I could have never loved you."

I peer at her to see her shaking and tears streaming down her cheeks. I roll my eyes and turn my back to her and walk toward the throne. "I, King Luca Medici, hereby send, Princess Ayla, back to her home country where she will face the sentence of her crimes committed. Crimes entail treason, attempted murder by poison, and framing the future Queen of Italy. Send her back to her country for suitable punishment." I announce, my voice harsh. Ayla starts sobbing and collapses on the floor.

"I beseech you, Your Majesty. Please do not do this." She says between cries.

"Do not beg! Be grateful that I did not end your life which you deserve!" I spat. I motion my hand to have her be taken away.

Once she is gone, I dismiss the rest. I leave the throne room and make my way back to the chamber where Ann is. I enter the room to find Ann still sleeping peacefully and Agnesia and Agnola still by her side. I dismiss them. I sit on the edge of bed and lightly caress her cheek. She stirs awake with a soft moan. Her eyes flutter open and I see her multi-colored eyes; Sleep still in them.

Before she says anything I coo her. "Shh, rest, mia cara(my darling) . Everything is handled. She will not be bothersome any longer. No one will ever hurt you again, I swear to you." She softly smiles and turns her back to me. I get up and gently move her over to make room for me. I lay beside her with my arm wrapped around her waist and pull her against me. Her back against my chest. I fall asleep with her in my arms and dream of our soon-to-be future.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 29

𝒜𝒩: Well, Ayla is gone! How was chapter 29? The wedding will be the next chapter and then this book will be completed! wow! I honestly cannot believe it!  Anyway, please don't forget to vote and comment! I really appreciate it! See ya! :)