𝔈𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

Published 2/8/21

𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇! 𝐸𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎!

Annalise's/Ann's POV

Today is the day. Today is the day I will marry Luca. I awoke to the sun shining through the window. I feel my nerves starting to kick in. No one will ruin this day for me. Luca made sure that anyone who opposed this union will not be at the ceremony. I swing my legs over the side of the bed. I take one last look around my servant chamber. Luca tried to get me to stay in the Queen's chamber that is adjoined to his room, but I refused. I wanted to stay here one last time.

Agensia and Agnola suddenly burst into my room. "We are here to help you get ready," Agnesia says. I smile at them. I get up from the bed and walk over to the wash-basin to wash my face. Once I am done, they coax me to sit in front of the mirror. They pull my hair up to see which style would suit me best.

"I think this would be best," Agnesia pulls my hair up in a messy bun to give me some idea.

"No, this style would suit," Agnola says while laying my hair down over my shoulders.

Agnesia disagrees and they start to bicker. I roll my eyes at them. "Can the bride have a say?!" I loudly interject, they stop and look at me. "Of course!" They say in unison. They whisper amongst themselves. I peer at my reflection in the mirror.

I pull some pieces of hair up but leave the rest down. "How about this?" I ask. "Oh, beautiful!" They exclaim. Agnola walks over to a small chest on my bed. She opens it and gently lifts something out of the box. It's a tiara. It shines brilliantly when the sun shines on it. It is gold embellished with pearls and 3 big jewels. It is beautiful.

"His Majesty wanted you to wear it. It has been worn by all queens on their wedding day." Agnola says.

I smile and nod

I smile and nod. I turn toward the mirror again and watch as Agnola places it on my head. I feel the weight on my head, but it is not too heavy. I smile at my reflection. "Is this really happening?" I ask, I feel as if I'm dreaming. A dream that I do not want to wake up from.

"Yes, it is really happening," Agnesia says while gently squeezing my shoulder. My thoughts drift to my parents. "I wish my parents were here," I say softly. Agnola and Agnesia give each other a look. I furrow my brows but brush it off.

They help me into a dress. The dress is white with intricate detailing all over. It is embellished with gold and jewels across my waist, chest, and sleeves. The sleeves hang down, stopping at my knee. I turn around to see Agnola with tears in her eyes.

"You are the most beautiful bride," she says

Agnesia walks over to me to pinch my cheeks. "Ow!" I flinch at the pain. "You needed some color." We hear the bells of the tower start to chime. "It's time," Agnola says, wiping her tears away. I walk out of my room. Agnesia grabs my train behind me. I walk past the kitchen and up the narrow stairs. My heart starts to beat faster as I near the top.

Before I know it, we reach double doors. I stop in front of them. I hear the orchestra tuning their instruments and the soft murmur of guests talking. Agnesia lays my train gently on the floor. I take a deep breath and Agnesia hands me my bouquet. I see a man enter my peripheral who is dressed in black and white. I glance at him and do a double-take. I stare at him in disbelief.

"Father?!" I ask, stunned. I grab him to check if he's real and not just my imagination. He looks at me with a smile. "Hello sweetheart," I pull him into a hug, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I cannot believe you are here! Where's mama?" I sniffle. He whips away my tears. "She is sitting inside. We couldn't miss our daughter's wedding." He takes a step back and looks at me. "You look beautiful, Your Majesty." He smiles with a smirk and dips low into a bow.

I suck in a breath. "No one's called me that." I know I have to adjust to those words sooner or later, but it is going to take time to get used to it. The music starts to play and my father holds an arm out for me, and I put mine through his. I give the guards a nod and they open doors to reveal us to the guests.

We start to walk down the aisle. The guests all rise to greet me. I quickly look around to see everyone's eyes on me. I smile, trying to hide my nerves. I graciously nod at the guests to thank them for attending. My gaze meets my mother and I feel tears swell my eyes once more. I smile and reach out my hand to her, and she gently grasps and kisses it.

My eyes then meet Luca's. He looks at me with nothing but love in his eyes. I mouth the words 'Thank you' and he mouths back 'You're welcome' with a nod. We reach the end of the aisle and my father places a kiss on my cheek. He places my hand on Luca's, giving me away. "Hello, mia luce (Hello,my light), I must say you look ravishing." He winks.

I blush at the compliment,"Thank you." We stand in front of the person who will pronounce us as husband and wife as well as King and Queen.

After the ceremony, all the guests gathered in the ballroom for food and dancing. With our bellies full, Luca and I lead the first dance and then everybody else joins in. They form a circle around us as we dance.

I look up at Luca who is already looking down at me

I look up at Luca who is already looking down at me. "What?" I ask softly, smiling. He shrugs, "I love you, thats all, wife." I smile at the name, "I love you too, husband." We lean in and share in a loving kiss.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉

𝒜𝒩: It's official! This book is completed! Thank you to everyone who voted and who will continue to vote. Thank you for sticking with me every week these past months. I am completely shocked at the support I have received on this book. I cannot thank you enough.

-I have a Pinterest account where you can see all my inspiration for new books in the future and pictures that didn't make the cut. Link in my profile. Be sure to follow me!

 Be sure to follow me!