Chapter 23

Ten Months earlier

Lizzie's POV: Everything has been falling apart these passed few days. I've never felt worse in my life. I'm getting sick now almost every day, and it's been hell keeping this from Hope. But with everything we've been through, I don't want to add another problem onto it. I tried to ignore the sickness, to ignore it in favor of taking care of Hope, but it's getting harder to hide. I can barely keep anything down anymore. 

"Lizzie? You okay", Hope frowned as I tucked her into bed carefully. 

"I'm fine", I lied with a false smile. "How's your head", I asked her in concern.

"It's still throbbing, but I'll live", she joked as I swallowed thickly. "I'm really glad that you're here", she smiled tiredly. "I couldn't make it without you", she admitted as her eyes drooped.

"Get some sleep", I smiled sadly.

"I'm not tired", she denied. "Besides, I don't sleep well without you", she smiled up at me, causing me to roll my eyes fondly as I climbed in next to her. Moving over, she lay her head on my chest as her eyes drifted shut almost instantly, falling asleep to the sound of my heartbeat.

Sighing heavily, I looked up at the ceiling as my mind finally made a decision. I don't want whatever I have to interfere with Hope. So, I'm scheduling a appointment on Tuesday.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope's POV: I frowned, looking around the waiting room as I looked down over at the clock. "Where is she? She should've been here hours ago, Penelope", I sighed, glancing over at my best friend worriedly.

"She'll be here", she assured, rubbing my back as I watched the front door of the hospital pleadingly. Come on, Lizzie. Where are you. "Maybe she just got held up", Penelope suggested as the door opened.

"Mikaelson", the doctor called as I felt tears fill my eyes. 

"Hey, I'm right here", Penelope whispered as I smiled over at her gratefully. 

"Thanks, Pen. At least I know, I can always count on you", I smiled sadly as she frowned, squeezing my hand.

"She'll be here", she said, pulling me to my feet as we walked toward the doctor. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Lizzie's POV: Rushing into the house, I'm actually glad that it was empty for once as I walked  upstairs tearfully. Gripping the paper in my hand tightly, I looked over the words shakily as tears streamed down my face. This cannot be happening. Taking out my phone, I quickly dialed my mom's number as I heard the downstairs door slam shut. 

It can't be true! 

It just can't be. 

It's not supposed to be possible.

"Come on, mom", I pleaded, closing my eyes as it went to voicemail. 

"Hey, this is Caroline. Leave a message and I promise to get back to you", her voicemail answered as Hope stormed up the stairs. 

"Can we talk", she asked.

"Can this wait", I pleaded destractedly. "Hi, mom? Where are you", I asked. "I've been calling you for days, and you're not picking up", I said, biting my lip anxiously before Hope snatched the phone from my hands and chunked it across the room, causing it to shatter against the wall.

"What the hell, Hope", I exclaimed, glaring down at the girl angrily.

"Where were you today", she asked, crossing her arms sternly.

"I was just...at the shop", I lied as her eyes zeroed on the paper in my hands.

"What's that then", she asked, reaching out for it as I quickly pulled it away.

"Nothing", I panicked as her eyes hardened.

"Do you have any idea how long we waited for you today", she glared, causing me to frown in confusion. "Penelope and I waited in that damned waiting room for hours, Lizzie", she yelled as I winced slightly. 

Shit. 

With everything going on, I forgot about the appointment. 

"I'm sorry-"

"Sorry? While you were off, screwing around, I had to go through all that alone", she yelled as her eyes glowed a bright gold.

"Just let me explain-"

"Explain what", she yelled as I spotted Penelope standing by the stairs. "That you've finally grown tired of taking care of me? That you're sick and tired, of feeling as if you're whole life is been sucked out of you that you've decided to go out and get a new one", she accused as tears filled my eyes.

"No! I'm-"

"That while you're out fucking some whore, I'm stuck here with the shitty end of the stick?! Having to stay in bed all day and have someone else do everything else for me while you're having the time of you're life", she screamed.

"Hope, just listen-"

"Fuck you, Lizzie", she spat, pushing passed me as I quickly chased after her.

"Hope", I exclaimed, jumping back as she slammed the bedroom door in my face. "Hope, open the door", I pleaded.

"Fuck off", she shouted heatedly as I felt tears run down my face.

"Wow", Penelope voiced, causing me to turn to look at her tearfully. "You know, in my seven years of knowing Hope, I've never seen her this angry", she said, looking me in the eyes as she shook her head disappointingly. "You know, I had faith in you today. I actually believed that you loved Hope enough to stick by her side and help carry her through this, but...", she sighed, giving me a disgusted look. "I was wrong", she admitted as I swallowed thickly. "I don't think it's a good idea to stay here anymore", she admitted as my face dropped.

"W-what", I whispered.

"I want you out of here by tomorrow morning", she told me.

"Y-you're...you're kicking me out", I asked in disbelief. 

"Good night, Blondie", she said, causing me to wince at the nickname as she walked passed me to her room. She hasn't really used that since before we've grown closer, and stopped hating each other. 

I gaped, staring at the empty space in front of me as I tried to make sense of the situation. Swallowing thickly, I walked over to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me as I inhaled shakily. Looking down at the paper, I traced my fingers over the words before swallowing down the sea of tears as I crumbled it up in my hands before throwing it down blindly as I slid down the door.