Chapter 8

Hope's POV: Despite my distrust of the girl's intentions, I allowed her to stay with me for a while, waiting for her lies to finally reveal themselves to me, but all I saw was a girl that lost her sister. Instead of investigating or even asking questions, she simply sat on the couch, watching the videos tapes that Lizzie left behind. I shook my head at the sight before walking across the room to shut off the TV. "Hey! I was watching that", she complained.

"This needs to stop", I told her sternly, causing her annoyance to melt away to confusion. "When was the last time you left this couch", I asked her.

"Earlier...to use the bathroom", she told me rather weakly.

"Get up. I want to show you something", I said, grabbing her arm to pull her to her feet, causing her to visibly wince as she pulled away from me, causing me to study her closely before shaking my head. "Get dressed and meet me at the door in ten", I told her, dismissing her behavior for not quite knowing me yet.

I'll admit, I still didn't want to trust the girl, but I couldn't deny her identity when clips of her and Lizzie was echoing around the house all hours of the day. I guess it just bugs me that a complete stranger is being forced into my life.

Noticing Josie walking out of the bedroom, I pushed my feelings aside as she joined me at the door in a simple t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Looking her over, I could almost hear Lizzie's voice echoing around me as a smile tugged at my lips.

"Can you believe that we're related? Those jeans with that shirt", she'd say.

"What", Josie frowned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing. Uh...let's go", I told her, walking out the front door.

Driving around the block, I pulled into a parking lot as Josie looked around boredly. "You got me out of the house to see a clothing store? I was comfortable, Hope", she said in annoyance.

"This isn't just some clothing store, Josie", I chucked, getting out of the car and walking up to the door where a closed sign stopped us.

"Yay! A closed clothing store. That's even better", she said with mock enthusiasm, causing me to shake my head in amusement.

"Wow, you really are Lizzie's sister", I laughed, causing her to look over at me in confusion.

"We're twins actually", she smiled before her face darkened. "Were twins", she added silently as I swallowed thickly before trying to cheer up.

"You know, Lizzie actually said almost the exact same thing when I first showed it to her", I sighed. "You see, when she first moved here, she hated everyone", I chuckled sadly. "But I saw passed her hate and actually got to know her", I explained. "You should've seen her face when she got this place", I chuckled.

"Wait, you're telling me that this place is Lizzie's", she asked in surprise.

"How else was she supposed to jump start her own fashion line", I joked. "She...she really loved this place", I smiled. "I even had to force her to leave it some nights", I explained.

"Are you sure we're talking about the same Lizzie here", she frowned. "Lizzie hated working", she said.

"What can I say? This place changed her", I laughed bitterly.

"What's that supposed to mean", she asked.

"Nothing. Let's just go", I said, walking back to the car.

________________________________________________________________________________

Josie's POV: Shifting in my seat uncomfortably, I glanced over at Hope, wondering if I said anything to upset her. She's been quiet the whole ride back. Maybe I can somehow take her mind off it. I looked around the car, trying to find anything that might start up a conversation before my eyes landed on...underwear...really? I paused, squinting my eyes in suspicion. No, it couldn't be.

"How well did you know my sister exactly? How did you two even meet", I questioned.

"Through a nightmare", she scoffed, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

That's it? Through a nightmare. What is she an assassin?

I shook my head, biting my lip to keep from laughing at myself. Hope's right. I do need to get out more. I'm starting to go crazy. There's no way that Hope's a...

"Um...are you okay", I asked her nervously.

"Yeah. Why", she asked, tilting her head in my direction.

"Y-you have blood on your shirt", I pointed out.

"Oh, would you look at that", she laughed, looking down at her shirt. "Don't worry. I took care of them", she smiled as I forced a smile to my face.