Chapter 17

Three Years Ago

Hope's POV: I haven't seen the blonde since that night, but I still dream of her haunted blue eyes gazing into my own. I walk to the grill every morning, sitting in the same booth as if waiting for the blonde to magically walk through the door, but she never came.

I turned over in bed as I heard my phone ring, before looking at the caller Id in annoyance. "Park? Why are you calling me at one in the morning", I answered, throwing my arm cross my eyes tiredly.

"I need your help", she admitted.

"Awe, the brave and bold-"

"Stop it with the jokes, Mikaelson. This is serious", I heard her say, causing me to sit up.

"What's wrong", I asked in concern.

"You remember that friend I told you about", she asked, causing me to smile amusingly.

"The one who hates you and calls you Satan", I snickered.

"Not the point", she huffed. "Look, she's hurt...badly", she explained, causing me to quickly get out of bed. 

"I'm on my way", I promised before hanging up.

Quickly throwing on a change of clothes, I locked up the house and hopped into the car as Penelope sent me the address. Driving down the road, I pulled up into the driveway before grabbing my bag, and getting out of the car. 

Knocking on the door, I looked down at my watch impatiently before knocking again. "It's open", Penelope shouted before I pushed my way inside to see ice cream dripping down the counter. "In here", she called as I made my way into the living room to see Penelope holding a familiar blonde in her lap as she attempted to stop the bleeding.

I felt my breathing catch as I lay eyes on the girl's face. 

It's her. 

The girl from the grill. 

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I noted the blood leaking onto the floor before rushing to the girl's side. "What the hell, Park! She needs a hospital", I exclaimed, looking her over worriedly.

"Give the girl a break, Mikaelson. She's having problems with her family", Penelope said as I lifted the girl's shirt up only to panic as blood gushed from her wound. 

"Okay, I need you to hold your hand here", I instructed, pointing toward the wound as I grabbed a needle.

"Oh god...Hope...Hope, she stopped breathing", Penelope panicked. "Hope, what do I do", she asked frantically as I pulled out a defibrillator.

"Back up", I told her, sticking the wires to the girl's body. "Clear", I said, pressing a button as a shock wave went to her heart.

"It's not working", Penelope exclaimed as I shocked her again.

"Be quiet, Penelope", I shouted as sweat trailed down my forehead.

Come on. 

I didn't wait this long to meet you only for you to die in my arms. 

I shocked her again before relaxing when she let out a breath. Quickly grabbing my bag, I began cleaning her wounds, and replacing the stitches before wrapping them up as Penelope paced around the room. "She's gonna be okay", I told her, causing the raven-haired girl to visibly relax.

"Thank you", she nodded, as I attempted to wipe my hands free of blood. "Here, let me...", she said, digging into her pocket to pull out money before I quickly stopped her.

"I don't want your money, Penelope", I told her firmly, causing her to frown.

"Then I'll help you-"

"You don't need give me anything, Penelope", I said, packing up my equipment.