Chapter 15

Hope's POV: I sniffed, rubbing my eyes exhaustively as I walked into the kitchen to get something to eat. Smiling at the pot of tea on the stove, I poured me a cup before popping it into the microwave as I grabbed a pan. Hearing the microwave go off, I took out my cup before taking a sip as I sighed in content. Moving toward the stove once more, I paused as I noticed Penelope sitting on the couch. "Penelope? What are you doing here...", I trailed off, walking into the living room to find her sound asleep with Josie's head resting on her shoulder. Biting my lip, I quietly took my phone out of my pocket before turning on my camera.

"Don't even think about it, Mikaelson", Penelope warned as she opened her eyes tiredly.

"Is it morning already", Josie muttered, opening her eyes.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty", I joked, causing Josie to send me a glare.

"Don't call me that", she warned.

"Someone's not a morning person", Penelope teased, causing the brunette to send her a glare before getting off the couch, and walk out of the room, grumbling to herself about having to find the bathroom, causing me to chuckle quietly.

I swear that girl reminds me so much of Lizzie...

"Hope? You okay...", Penelope asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be", I questioned, looking over at her curiously.

"Well, for starters, you've been staring at the wall for the passed five minutes", she pointed out, causing me to smile sheepishly.

"Sorry. I was thinking", I apologized.

"All good things, I hope", she hummed before I opened my mouth to explain only for the light above us to flicker. I frowned, looking up at the bulb weirdly.

I turned over with a yawn as I opened my eyes, frowning when I realized that Lizzie isn't in bed. Sitting up, I looked around before relaxing with a small smile as I spotted the blonde sitting at the window. "Good morning", I greeted as turned toward me with a bright smile.

"It's a beautiful day", she said as the sun bounced off her hair, making her have an almost angelic appearance. It should be calming right? I should be happy, but the only thing I felt was concern.

"Lizzie? Maybe you shouldn't sit so close to the window", I frowned, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Why? I might get a sunburn", she giggled. "You can be so protective sometimes", she said as a loud noise filled the room, showering the room in red as I winced.

Looking back at the window, I noticed the shattered glass and the blood dripping from the curtains, but there was no sign of Lizzie. "Lizzie? Lizzie", I exclaimed, looking around the room fearfully.

"Hope", I heard someone say as my eyes shot open with a gasp.

"Hey, it's okay", they said, pulling me into a hug as I slowly relaxed.

"What happened", I asked her.

"I don't know. One minute, I'm sleeping peacefully, and the next thing I know, I'm being attacked by a hostile foot", she glared at me teasingly, causing me bump her shoulders playfully. "That's the third time this week that you tried attacking me in your sleep. Should I make you sleep outside, or carry a weapon to bed", she joked, causing me to wiggle my eyebrows.

"A weapon? Kinky", I giggled, causing her to roll her eyes.

"It's all fun and games until my lamp starts flickering like something off of a horror movie", she pouted, causing me to laugh softly.