Chapter 5

Josie's POV: Setting my bags down outside my sister's house, I stared at the door for a moment before swallowing my emotions and knocking on the door. Holding my breath, I looked around uncomfortably before looking up as the door swung open and a young woman with reddish brown hair walked out onto the porch, looking me over.

"Whatever it is that you're selling, I'm not interested", she retorted.

"Oh, no. Actually-"

"Wait, haven't I seen you somewhere before", she frowned.

"Um...I don't think so", I answered, furrowing my eyebrows. "I'm actually here about Lizzie-"

"Great", she grumbled to herself. "Penelope! I thought you told Wade to stop sending over reporters", she yelled over her shoulder, causing me to perk up at the name.

Penelope?

Isn't that the name from the voicemail?

"Oh, I'm not a reporter", I chuckled nervously. "I'm just looking for my sister", I admitted.

"Sorry, but I think you have the wrong house", the girl told me, causing me to frown in confusion as she moved to shut the door.

"Wait! Please", I pleaded, causing the girl to pause.

"What's going on out here", a raven-haired girl asked, walking up behind the other girl.

"I'm looking for my sister", I explained, causing the raven-haired girl to pause as her eyes met mine. "Lizzie Saltzman? You two wouldn't happen to know her...", I questioned, watching the two exchange looks. "Do I have the wrong house", I laughed awkwardly.

"Lizzie didn't have a sister", the girl told me firmly.

"What's your name", the raven-haired girl asked me warily.

"Josie", I responded. "Josie Saltzman", I stated.

"I'm Penelope, and this is Hope", she introduced as I gave them a small smile, pausing then I noticed Hope's intense gaze.

"Can you two just tell me where I can find my sister", I asked them restlessly.

"Check Mystic Falls Cemetery", Penelope told me, causing Hope to elbow her in the ribs.

"Ow", she glared.

"Is this a joke", I asked them angrily.

"Joni was it", Penelope asked.

"It's Josie", I fumed.

"Josie, I'm really sorry to tell you this, but Lizzie's dead", she said softly. "She died about a month ago", she stated.