13

light is easy to love. show me your darkness
—R. Queen
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

jeongin was having none of it.

he knew he was being rude to hyunjin for no reason, but he was hungry, and hyunjin took the last strawberry milk which he was craving for. it also didn't help that he was in his 'i-dont-give-a-fuck' mindset and any type of filter was gone off of his mouth.

he spend around 15 minutes just walking around the store for no reason waiting for hyunjin to leave. he hasn't seen the older so he assumed he was safe to go and so he did.

after checking out the groceries and other snacks, feeling salty about not getting any strawberry milk, he went outside where everything was in a shade of red, orange, and pink due to the sunset.

just as he walked out of the grocery store through the automatic doors, he didn't have the chance to take two extra steps forward as a plastic bottle of pink liquid was right in front of his face. he could feel a presence of someone behind him as the persons hands were at the sides of his face.

to be more exact, hyunjins hands were pretty much around his head.

"hyung. what are you doing?" the younger asked as he turned around and was met with the elder being literally inches away from him.

hyunjin took a few small steps back, surprised with the proximity of their bodies.

"i was waiting for you so i could give you this." he handed jeongin the bottle of strawberry milk the younger desired so much. yet, even thought jeongins mind screamed at him to get the bottle his body didn't move an inch as he looked at hyunjin with blank eyes that were questioning his every decision.

hyunjin felt exposed under those eyes. it was a new feeling unknown to him because no one ever looked at him that way. it wasn't hate, disgust, or rage -nor was it admiration, love, or interest which was something jeongin always looked at him with.

the staring contest continued until jeongin gave up and took the bottle. at school or at home, he was never a competitive person (maybe only when it came to food). he quietly accepted the pink strawberry flavored milk murmuring a small 'thank you' back. he started walking back to his place again and hyunjin followed closely behind -completely abandoning his car in the parking lot which he didn't really care much about at this point.

he just really needed to know what was up with jeongin.

"so are you gonna tell me what's up?" hyunjin asked slowly unsure of what the answer would be.

instead of answering his question, jeongin replied with of of his own. "why are you following me?" he said not even turning back to look at the elder. hyunjin just sighed as he picked up his pace to match with jeongin. soon realizing that it was out of his luck to get any type of answer out of jeongin as the seemed to be in his own world. so instead he just answered:

"i guess i just got nothing better to do."

and it was enough to make jeongin hum in response as he popped the bottle of the strawberry milk open with his straw.

"im back!" jeongin yelled through his apartment as he opened the door. minho, who was dozing off on the couch minutes prior was now fully awake as he sat up.

"welcome back- oh hi hyunjin. whacha doing here?"

hyunjin didn't even greet the older back as he stared at him wide eyed and jaw swinging. this was the second time he had seen the other in jeongins presence with only a pair of sweatpants on.