18

I am who I am. Your opinion is neither required nor desired.
—Author Unknown
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"jeonginnie, rise up and shine!"

minho storms into the apartment as bright as usual. he sets a bag which he brought with himself on the counter top and proceeds to run towards the youngers bedroom to wake up the yang siblings like the devil he is.

"hey babes! wakey wakey, or else you will be late!" the older literally barges into the room, and before jeongin could even open his eyes to comprehend what was happening, he felt a weight crush his body.

minho just jumped him.

"oof-" jeongin felt his soul leave his body as minho, while still crushing him, sits up. using jeongins nonexistent core for support.

"yikes." the little girl voices out, watching her older brothers face paling as the boy visibly suffers.

the girl and minho meet eyes, and before minho could attack her with tickles the girl jumps out of the bed and escapes through the door.

if you thought that that would stop minho, you're greatly mistaken.

the older jumps out of the bed right after, completely finishing jeongin off as he pushed himself off of him.

jeongin sighed in relief as the chaos left his room.

"THE HELL??!!" you could hear minho yell, with a loud thud right after. curious as to what has happened, jeongin gets up and jumps over to the living room where the commotion has occurred. what he saw didn't surprise him a bit.

minho was on the floor while, in front of him, stood a hyunjin with a broom in his hands. where did he find it? don't ask jeongin because he wouldn't know. meanwhile haseul was having the time of her life as she sat on hyunjins shoulders, tall and proud.

jeongin sighs. this is too much for a single morning.

"seullie, down. minho, up. hyunjin, broom." jeongin made granny hands, and hyunjin obediently handed him the broom which the younger hid away in the hallway closet.

"what- what's he doing here this early in the morning?" minho asks, but moments after a knowing smirk grew on his face as he wiggled his eyebrows at him. "oh."

"no." jeongin interrupted his thoughts sternly, not letting the older continue whatever fantasies he had in his mind. "we had dinner together and he stayed since it was too late for him to walk home. as simple as that."

hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows at that. because no, it wasn't as simple as that. at least not to him. the words they shared and the skin ship that was between them -they were important for him. like, really important. and he would be lying if he said the said words didn't hurt him at all. did jeongin not return his feelings?

minho rolled his eyes at that, bored already. his gaze shifted towards haseul, and he smiled knowing that asking the girl would give him more tea then the boy in front of him could ever spill.

"buttercup, is that true?"

the girl looked at him, and after meeting the elders eyes her lips broke into that same mischievous smirk.

"kind of," she starts, "but oppa, didn't we go on an ice cream date before that?" the girl looks at her brother innocently and then turns back at minho. the older raises a teasing eye brow at jeongin, motioning for the girl to continue. "i felt like a total third wheel. oppa and jinnie just couldn't take their eyes off of each other!" the girl fake pouted, but it didn't last long before a hand slapped over her mouth when she opened it to speak once again. she looks up to be met with a very flustered looking jeongin who was staring daggers into her and minho. the two, however, weren't intimidated and found his behavior cute.