16

Love has a powerful way of removing the mask we all insist on wearing.
– Jessy
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

jeongin loved his little sister, don't get him wrong. but he hated that waking up whole hour earlier just to send her off to school.

"you, slow buffalo, get ready faster!" the little girl who was seated on minhos lap laughed wholeheartedly at his remark. the elder, due to jeongins request, came early in the morning just to take the two kids to school because otherwise either wouldn't get there on time.

"i'm trYING!" jeongin let out as he shoved his foot into his white doc martins. the shoes complimented his outfit well, but right now jeongin wanted nothing more but to burn them.

minho glanced at his watch. even though they were on time, he wanted to be a karen and make a scene. what else can be a better recipe to a nice monday morning?

"if you're not down in 2 haseul and i are leaving." he said as he jumped off the chair, carrying haseul like a sack of potatoes under his armpit with her school supplies in the other hand.

i hope both sides of your pillow will be warm, lee minho. jeongin thinks before munching down the rest of his toast and running after the two.

"ah minho hyung is so good at cooking! i wish i could eat it everyday." jisung says dreamily to no one in particular, yet their whole lunch table turned to look at him. seungmin couldn't contain himself from rolling his eyes at the elder as felix sighed.

"innie, you must invite me over every time minho is cooking!"

the younger looked at him with a sheepish smile, eyes darting to hyunjin who ended up sitting with them. he threw him a quick look that wasn't hard enough to be a glare but not friendly to the point to consider it innocent. that was his way of threatening the older to keep his mouth shut. turning back to look at jisung, who sat to his right, he replied awkwardly rubbing the nape of his neck. "sure hyung."

hyunjin once again found himself entertained by jeongins antics. the situation made him wonder, what would happen if it was jisung who saw an exposed minho hugging and kissing jeongin in the middle of the day instead of him? he shook his head, deciding he didn't want to find out.

"when is the next time we can hang out?" felix asks, boredom written over his face. in his hands he was holding an object hyunjin recognized as a ring, fidgeting with it as he traced over the smooth texture repeatedly.

"uh, in a week?"

hyunjin heard jeongin answer, eyes darting to look at the younger. he gives the boy a questioning glance, because he knew he wasn't tripping when he heard the wavering uncertainty in his beautiful voice. the foxy like boy doesn't even spare him a glance though. other than the 'threatening' look before, which hyunjin found quite humorous, the younger didn't dare to look him in the eyes, and seemed to be avoiding any type of contact.

hyunjin smiles, leaning down to lay his head on the table, chin against his arm. he looked up at jeongin with doe eyes when the younger finally looks at him. but what hyunjin didn't expect was for the youngers cheeks to rise up in color, nervously biting on his lip staring down on hyunjin.

the older smirked, licking his own lips as he stared at the other intensely. "you look nervous."

jeongin felt his heart pounding hard against his chest involuntary. he wanted to slap himself for his unnatural behavior, but he didn't know how to without making himself look any more of a nervous wreck.

why was he even feeling this way?

much to his luck and hyunjins dismay, they were interrupted when a figure made their way to their table. it was changbin who sat across from felix and handed him a bubble tea.