00

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars.
-Author Unknown
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"hello, welcome to All Night! my name is ryujin, how may i help you?" the girl behind the counter asked me nicely, with a slight hint of tiredness; probably from all the work she has been doing hours prior. i smiled and bowed to her, pointing to the menu attached to the upper wall to indicate that i wasn't ready to order yet. she made a face of understatement and stood back at cashier, patiently waiting for more customers to come in.

the door jingled. someone walked in and i heard the girl ryujin (if i remember right), say the same thing- only this time shyer. i glanced their way and watched as she shyly typed something into the monitor while looking down with her cheeks red and tugging her short dark blue hair behind her ear. i snicker at how nervous she was and my eyes slowly moved up to the customer she was trying to serve.

there stood a tall male with black, slightly wavy hair, and pretty wide yet lean shoulders. i couldn't see his face but even from the back i could tell he was handsome. after my mild session of crying in ugly, i'm ready to turn back into minding my own business like i should but changed my mind when i see ryujin getting a pen and scribbling something on the bottom half of the check. what used to be blank was now filled with numbers as she handed the piece of paper to the man with a visible blush on her pretty face. the man looks down at it and takes it, making ryujin smile even wider and start fidgeting with her fingers. but her smile falters when the man takes the check with both of his hands and rips off the piece where she scribbles were. he said something to her which i couldn't hear and slid her number through the counter back to her. she was obviously shocked and you could see that a limb was stuck in her throat just by the look on her face. sad and embarrassed, she walked to the machines behind her and started preparing the drink.

woah did i just witness a rejection? my gaze falls on the figure of the man who was now walking towards the tables. he turned around to sit in one of the chairs and i shamelessly gasped. beautiful was an understatement and there were no words that seemed to describe his face. no wonder ryujin got so shy, even i would become nervous around him.

jeongin, you're the literally gayest kid in school. if he even as much as looked at you once you would probably faint.

when one of the workers walked up to the cashier, i ordered two hot chocolates with caramel sauce for my friend and i. as the worker was putting my order into the system and paying for the drinks with my credit card, i glanced behind him to see if ryujin was ok after the painfully embarrassing rejection. we gays should always look out for our hot girls.

only i felt my jaw drop as i watched her pour barely any coffee into the cup, fill at least half of it with water and add a little bit of milk for the color. finishing it off with what looked like some shaved ice, a few pumps of god knows what, a hot sauce and probably vinegar mixed with cinnamon. why do they even have vinegar in here?!

"umm, excuse me?" i asked the worker tensely. the male worker looked up and handed me my credit card back.

"yes, anything else i can help you with?" he asked with a serious face that made my submissive self gulp.

"uh- this might sound weird but can you please tell me what the guy before me ordered?" i looked at him with and uptight expression. he probably noticed how uneasy i felt because seconds later his face broke into a soft smile.

"of course." he responded, looking back at the monitor. "he ordered a double chip macchiato with shaved ice." he said and i felt my face go pale. no way did she...