05

If you want to say something and have people listen then you have to wear a mask. If you want to be honest then you have to live a lie.
– Banksy
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

i carefully walk through the hallway, cautious not to bump into anyone. in my hands, i securely hold the camera that i got for my photography class last year. when buying it, i was only intending to take the one semester class and be done. but as it turned out i actually developed a thing for photography, so i ended up taking the full year course.

today our teacher introduced us to the new project we were gonna do. the project included finding a model and creating a storyline using pictures you took with that model. doesn't matter what kind but the pictures should represent it clearly.

i sighed, letting the camera hang off my neck. i had no idea what i was supposed to do.

"hey jeongin!" jisung yelled into my ear as he threw his hand over my shoulder. scared and caught by surprise, i jump and accidentally step on his shoe making him fall to his feet in pain.

"oh my god jisung- i am so sorry are you okay??" i panic as i watch my friend look up at me with teary eyes.

"you owe me chocolate milk and hung over soup." he mumbles and i help him get up with a nod.

"yah jisung! you will be the reason why i become broke." i hit him playfully in the chest, and hear him laughing.

"but innie, you're rich!"

"your point is?"

"so you can't- you know what? nevermind." jisung shook his head and sighed. "why did you look so distressed?"

the feeling of misery caught back to me as i remembered why i was feeling down. "we are doing a project in my photography class. for it we need to take pictures of our model and they should represent a storyline."

"isn't that great! it's a great opportunity for you to show off your photography skills and creativity." jisung beamed at me with a wide smile.

i glance at him and look down at the camera hanging off my neck. "but i don't have a storyline, nor do i have a model. you guys don't fit the image i want and minho will decline for sure."

by the time i was done rambling we were already in the cafeteria. loads of hungry students were either running around between the lines or sitting at the tables and eating with friends.

"i will go get some food." and with that, jisung ran off to god knows where.

where to now? i ask myself as i scan through every table, choosing where to sit. every face is familiar and a few were already inviting me to sit with them.

kim minju? no she always tries to hit up on me.

jeong jaehyun? nah he will just try to get me on his soccer team again.

jung wooyoung? noooo! his group friend is so intimidating...

i send all of them a wave with a smile? pretending not to know what they want and continue looking around. that is, until my eyes land on a certain someone sitting all by himself. my eyes sparkle and a feeling of excitement arises in my chest. i skip happily towards him and cover his eyes with my palms.

"guess who?" it comes out as a squeal and i mentally slap myself for sounding like that. at least he won't be able to recognize my voice!

"jeongin." he started. "what in the world are you doing?" he says with so much seriousness in his voice you could think he was mad for real. he used his hands to take mine off of his eyes and turned to look at me with a slight glare. okay maybe he was.