We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.
– André Berthiaume
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

jeongin was quietly minding his own business as he received a text from jisung telling him that he and the boys will be spending lunch in the library. jeongin who have almost made it to the cafeteria not knowing about his friends sudden change of plans slumped in defeat. He was extremely tired and the only thought of having to walk all the way to the library deflated his mood drastically.

yet the next thing you know, he turns around on his heel and starts walking towards the library's here his friends are located. might as well check my locker. maybe I left some candy in there.

at the bright though of sweets, jeongin fastened his pace. suddenly, life wasn't as dull and grey. he skipped happily through the hallway that barely had any students in it, but the little number of them all smiled towards the happy kid and some even said hi. feeling his smile increase, jeongin waved at back at them with his sweater paws that made everyone coo.

his locker just happened to be on the way as he opens it easily and starts scanning through his possessions. right there in front of him there was a bag of gummy rings staring straight into his soul. he could almost feel his eyes water at the colorful candy. the rainbow edition...my favorite.

just as he reached out for the bag and almost pulled it out, something, or rather someone, bumped into the door of the locker. the action causing the door slam jeongins hand harshly into the sharp edge of the lockers as his mouth let out a yelp. the pressure followed by immediate pain in jeongins hand caused him to let go of the candy bag which fell to the ground. jeongin watched with sad eyes as the candy scattered itself on the floor.

"oops, how stupid could I be to trip against my own feet?"

jeongin looked at the person who caused the mess. his face slightly scrunching up in confusion because the tone of the persons voice was rather mocking and dishonest. as if he didn't feel bad about what he did to jeongin at all.

the smile on the strangers face dropped as he looked at jeongin in disgust. his tone now laced with something jeongin was not used to hear from outsiders.

"whacha looking at fag? want more?"

jeongin freezes in his tracks as he looked at the person in shock. the stranger snickered and eyes jeongin up and down. the fox-like boy now feeling very exposed in his a size a bit too large light blue hoodie and white pants. he saw the strangers hand move closer up to him making him flinch. jeongin closed his eyes in fear, wishing for someone to come and save him.

please don't touch me, please.

no ones here, no one will help.

but to his surprise, he didn't feel anything contact his skin. he opened his eyes and saw the stranger no longer looking at him, his face expressing fake confidence. he looked behind himself, and saw the very familiar raven haired boy standing right behind him, glaring at the stranger.

hyunjin.

his eyes were ice cold, and yet managing to burn holes into the bully in front of them. when he spoke, even jeongin felt shivers run down his spine.

"move."

but the boy seemed to be glued to the tiles of their schools hallway.

hyunjin sighed. his hand traveling across jeongins back and landing on his shoulder by which he pulled the younger closer to him. jeongin stumbled into hyunjins chest, and even though his grip on his shoulder was quite harsh, he didn't feel threatened anymore.