01

Do they love you or the mask you put on everyday?
– Shimika Bowers
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

jeongins pov

i walked down the school hallway that was packed with students, with the two of my friends on my sides.

"still can't believe you didn't get me that hot chocolate." jisung puffed, his cute squirrel cheeks committing a strong comeback.

rolling my eyes at his childish behavior, i looked in front of me and could see the door to chans classroom. no, i still haven't told them about what happened in the morning and yes i am going to. only once we get to chans desk.

"jisung. for gods sake, shut up." i heard seungmin groan from my right.

"headache?" i ask him softly to which he only nods his head lightly. "you should stop partying on sunday nights." i tell him and pat his back lightly.

"yeah, whatever."

shaking my head in a joking manner, we walk into chans class. my red headed friend didn't even notice the three of us walking in as he was sitting at his seat, half asleep.

a terrifying smile creeped up to my face as i got an idea. before any of his classmates ran up to me to say hi (which was a normal thing here) i quickly shushed everyone with a finger put to my lips.

with slow steps, i quietly made my way to chans seat and on the count of three, slammed both of my hand on the wooden top of his desk.

the loud noice made chan nearly jump out of his seat as he put his hands over his heart. i watched how his chest rose up and down in a quick manner, his face looking truly terrified. low chuckles and laughs could be heard from students around us and a few "nice one, innie!".

"jeong-fuckin-in!" chan said as he took another deep breath. "are you fucking crazy!!?" he voiced out at me and i looked at him innocently.

"huyng! you're awake!" i said and threw my arms around him.

he rolled his eyes, but hugged me back nonetheless. it's been three weeks since we've seen each other.

after that hug, everyone slowly, one by one, came up to me to say hi. i was what you would call the social butterfly of the school: am friends with everyone and know everyone. as well as all the tea and drama.

chan, seungmin, and jisung were having a conversation of their own to which i didn't pay attention. finding my headspace too comforting to leave, but still having to do so.

suddenly, my eyes land on an unknown figure sitting at the back of the classroom. the raven haired male looked familiar, but i couldn't pinpoint it. have i seen him somewhere in school? doubt it. i know every single soul here. so who is he? someone new?

sadly, before i could ask chan about him the bell rang and i felt someone -most likely jisung- grabbing me by my arm and pulling me out of the class.

hopefully we won't be late.

"of all the jobs she could have given us to do, why this?"

jisung whined as he stuffed another pensil into the sharpener and began sharpening it intensely.

"would you rather be in the library staking books then?" i ask him as one of my eyebrows rises.

"even if i did i wouldn't be." he said, making a pouty face as i laughed at his comment.

"yea that's true. the only reason seungmins there and not with us is because he's tall." i agreed and threw the last, now sharpened, pensil into the bin. "i'm done, peace out."