04

Beautiful things don't ask for attention
—Author Unknown
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

hyunjins pov

"oh look, it's the hwang guy!"

"omo, no way! that one prince? no wonder, he's so handsome!!"

"i know right! it's sad that looks can be so deceiving. i heard that he's a total asshole!"

i roll my eyes at the pair of girl gossiping about me as i walk past them. why can't people just shut up? if you don't have anything nice to say then be like me and don't say anything at all!

i look at the clock. 7:58, great. it's not even 8 in the morning and i'm already stuck with a headache due to them.

sitting at my seat, i wonder what i could occupy myself with for them next 30 minutes. i could listen to music or write some lyrics.

or draw!

even though i'm overly exited, i hold myself back and open my backpack like an average human being to see if i brought my sketchbook with me but sadly -i didn't. with a whimper, i bring my face down on the top of my desk in pain and agony. and what do i do now?

deciding that a nap won't hurt, i place my hands on the desk and use them as a pillow. slowly, yet surely, i start drifting off to dreamland.

"hey innie, when can we come over to play video games?" jisung asks, sounding very excited to play games with his friends but the little blush on his cheeks gave away his true intensions.

"hmm, today would be fine?" i reply and look over to him. his expression was the one of hesitation, as if there's something else he wants to says but haven't decided if he should go for it or not.

"will minho huyng be there?" he asks shyly, with a voice barely above a whisper.

"hmm minho? he told me he's gonna be busy with some stuff for the next few days, so not sure." i say with a smirk as i watch jisung trying to hide the disappointment on his face.

"just text him the time and that jisung will be there and he will come running." felix popped in quickly before going back to playing games on his phone.

even though he said only one sentence, that sentence held a lot of power. the power that made jisungs face redden and sweat.

"you're right lix, you're right." i laugh and pat his back lightly. he just smiled without even looking at me, playing his game very intensely.

"how does changbin even deal with you? your whole world is revolving around games." jisung retorted with a pout.

we watched how felix made a few last clicks, muttering a low yet excited 'yes!' and put his phone away in his pocket.

"my world can be revolving around games, but i am his." he said with a cheeky grin before fastening his pace and running into changbins classroom. by the time we got there, felix was already seated in bins lap. their hands around each other as the two shared a warm hug.

"they make me want to puke uwus out of my eyes." i said, feeling disgusted by how cute yet cringe they were. jisung just let out a long sigh, and it smelt like jealousy.

"what's with the sigh?"

"i-i," he started, looking down at the floor shyly. "i want to have that too."

god, what is he so cute for??

i smiled softly at my friend. there was no need to ask why or with whom. everyone in our friend group knew that jisung had the phattest crush on minho since freshman year when the two met. since minho is older then us, he graduated last year; leaving us behind.