"I'm never going to leave you"

The search party was still out looking for Clarke and Finn. Camp was quiet, most people had either turned in or were amusing themselves quietly. My eyes watched the dancing flames contemplating everything I had learnt about Bellamy.

He had always protected me and I'd never even noticed.

He'd held me when I got injured.

He flirted with me to begin with and then was genuinely nice to me.

He said he loved me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jasper asked, sitting next to me by the fire. I smiled. For five years, I had been forced to live without him. It was hard knowing he wasn't there. But here we are. With new friends, a new life. Even the threat of grounders couldn't take that away.

"Do you remember the day I got arrested?" I asked him quietly, not meeting his eyes, knowing his smile had dropped. It was the hardest day for both of us.

"Where's this coming from?"

"The day I got arrested, I asked you something. Do you remember what I said?" I asked, glancing up at him. His smile had returned.

"You asked me if we'd ever get to see Earth." His arm rested on my shoulders hugging me close.

"Here we are Jasp. With a new life. New friends. New challenges. New loves. It's all so much more than I ever believed it could be. The day they took me away I-." I cut off sharply, feeling the lump in my throat, relieving my arrest in my head. Jasper hugged me close, cradling my head as I leant into him.

"Kira, hey, its ok. I'm never going to leave you, ok? I'm never going to let anyone take you away from me ever again." His hand found my chin. "I promise." We stayed like this for a while, silently thankful for having this moment together. Since we had arrived on the ground, it had been pretty hectic.

"The search party's back," Sterling called from where he was watching on guard. My brother and I broke apart, standing to see Bellamy, Raven and Octavia return, carrying a wounded Miles between them.

I went to follow the group, but a sudden thought struck me.

"Where's Monty?" Jasper asked. Bellamy looked at the two of us, sorrow evident in his eyes.

"They took him."

*****

I hadn't slept that night, tending to Miles, worrying over Monty and checking on Jasper. I couldn't believe that he was missing. My heart ached thinking of our last conversation of someone who just wanted to see their parents again. Hear their voice. Even if that wasn't an option for me, I wanted Monty to have that chance.

After finishing tending to the wounded boy, I leant against the dropship feeling utterly exhausted. My head was pounding, and the tiredness made me feel too weak to move. So much has happened. We've lost so many people. I didn't want to lose anyone else.

"You think Clarke, Finn and Monty would just sit around and wait? They'd be out there looking for you," Jasper's voice sounded close. I opened one eye seeing him and Bellamy talking by the entrance to the dropship.

"It would get them killed. That's not a risk I'm willing to take. No more lives have to be put in danger," Bellamy argued with Jasper, neither of them noticing me on the ground.

"What if that was my sister? Would you stay in the walls then?" Jasper asked, his voice lowly serious. When Bellamy didn't reply, I watched Jasper turn to walk away from him before the leader pulled him to a stop.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy asked, annoyance laced in his voice.

"More gunpowder for your minefield, sir," Jasper told him giving him a mock salute, his voice heavy with sarcasm. Jasper saw me leaning against the wall near Miles, offering me a slight smile before he climbed up the dropship ladder to the top floor. I stood up to follow him, surprising Bellamy who hadn't seen me from where I had been lay on the floor.

"Would you Bellamy? Stay in the walls if I was missing?" The leader avoided my gaze. I already knew his answer. "I wouldn't want you to, not if it got you killed."

Miles started gasping for water, showing signs of shivering. Bellamy went to get him some water whilst I went to the top of the dropship to find blankets. Jasper's eyes landed on me, hesitation in his eyes. "Kira, when I said if it was you-". I cut him off.

"Jas, I knew what you meant, and the answer I would tell you both is not to go looking for me," I told him. "I'd find my way back, but it's not worth putting your own lives in danger." Jasper smiled sadly at me, taking my hand in his.

"I promised you, didn't I?" he said. "I'm not letting anyone take you away from me again." He tucked the jar of gun power under his arm before making his way down the ladder. I glanced around the level, trying to find where the spare blankets had been stored. I spotted one and went to grab it, before hearing voices on the bottom level.

"He tried to kill me," Murphy protested. I stopped short, wondering who he was talking to. I peered down the hatch, seeing Jasper subtly shake his head. I was confused but took my brother's advice and remained quiet.

"You can't tell Bellamy," Murphy urged. I was growing more confused until I hear Bellamy's voice over the radio.

"Tell Bellamy what?" I saw Jasper bring the radio he had been holding out of his pocket, Murphy's glare intensified.

"Give me the radio Jasper," he said quietly. I could hear the danger in his voice, knowing it would not be a good idea for Jasper to cross him.

"Murphy has a gun, he killed Miles!-" Murphy cut Jasper off by slamming a gun in his head. My hand flew over my mouth to suppress my scream, knowing I had to keep quiet.

"Murphy what the hell is going on?!" Bellamy yelled. I hear him march around the bottom deck, closing the hatch door.

"You try and be a hero. Jasper dies!" Murphy shouted just before the door sealed, locking Jasper and I in with a murderer.